(单词翻译:单击)
Hey, I have a question, and I think a lot of people have the same question.
嘿 我有个问题 应该有很多人都有同样的疑问
So, when the transfer was happening, when Donald Trump and his wife were moving into the White House, there was a gift exchange.
交接的时候 当唐纳德·特朗普和他的妻子住进白宫的时候 有个交换礼物的环节
Oh, yeah. There was a box given. The Tiffany's box. Yes.
哦 对 当时给了个大盒子 蒂芙尼的盒子 对
So, what was in there? It was a lovely frame. A frame? It was a frame.
那里面是什么?是个非常有爱的相框 是个相框
Oh yeah, this is-- First of all, he just walks up the steps without his wife.
对 真是 首先 他自己一个人走上去了
Just leaves his wife behind. He just walks up there.
把他妻子落在后面 他就自己径直上去了
Well, there's all this protocol. I mean, this is like a state visit.
有很多礼仪需要注意 毕竟这跟国事访问差不多
So they tell you that you're going to do this, they're going to stand here.
他们会告诉你要这么做 站在那里
And never before do you get this gift.
以前从来没有人送过礼物
So I'm sort of like, what am I supposed to do with this gift?
所以我在想 这礼物该怎么办呢?
Everyone cleared out, and no one would come and take the box.
所有人都被清空了 没有人来帮我拿盒子
And I'm thinking, do we take the picture with it?
我当时想 是要拿着礼物照相吗?
And then my husband saved the day.
然后我丈夫拯救了我
See, he grabbed the box and took it back inside.
看到了吧 他把盒子拿进去了
But everybody cleared out. No staff, no one.
所有人都撤了 没有员工 一个人也没有
I was like, what do you do with a box?
我当时想 这盒子怎么处置呢?