歪唇男人(MP3+中英字幕) 第5期:瘾君子(5)
日期:2018-08-14 10:13

(单词翻译:单击)

At the farther end was a small brazier of burning charcoal,
在远处一头,有一个小炭火盆,炭火熊熊。
beside which on a three-legged wooden stool there sat a tall, thin old man,
盆旁一只三足木板凳上坐着一个瘦高的老头,
with his jaw resting upon his two fists, and his elbows upon his knees, staring into the fire.
双拳托腮,两肘支在膝盖上,双目凝视着炭火。
As I entered, a sallow Malay attendant had hurried up with a pipe for me and a supply of the drug, beckoning me to an empty berth.
当我进屋时,一个面无血色的马来人伙计兴冲冲地走上前来,递给我一杆烟枪和一份烟剂,招呼我到一张空榻上去。
"Thank you. I have not come to stay," said I.
"谢谢你。我不是来久呆的,"我说,
"There is a friend of mine here, Mr. Isa Whitney, and I wish to speak with him."
"我有一位朋友艾萨·惠特尼先生在这里。我要找他说话。"

福尔摩斯探案集 歪唇男人

There was a movement and an exclamation from my right,
在我右边有人蠕动并发出喊声。
and peering through the gloom I saw Whitney, pale, haggard, and unkempt, staring out at me.
我透过暗淡的灯光瞧见惠特尼面色苍白,憔悴不堪,邋里邋遢,睁大眼睛盯着我。
"My God! It's Watson," said he. He was in a pitiable state of reaction, with every nerve in a twitter.
"天哪!原来是华生!"他说,他答话的样子显得既可怜又可鄙,他的每条神经似乎都处于紧张状态。
"I say, Watson, what o'clock is it?" "Nearly eleven."
"嘿,华生,几点钟了?""快十一点钟了。"
"Of what day?" "Of Friday, June 19th."
"哪天的十一点钟?""星期五,六月十九日。"
"Good heavens! I thought it was Wednesday. It is Wednesday. What d'you want to frighten the chap for?"
"我的天!我一直认为是星期三。今天是星期三,你吓唬人干什么?"
He sank his face onto his arms and began to sob in a high treble key.
他低下头,把脸埋在双臂之间,开始放声痛哭起来。

分享到