(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Not "arf" or "ruff" or a growl, but "woof."
不是狗吠声、鸟叫声,抑或是咆哮声,而是低吠声 。
For half a second, I froze. Then I let go of the shrub I had been clinging to and fell back down the incline.
我僵住了有半秒钟,然后,我松开紧抓着的灌木,从斜坡上滚下来 。
On the way down the thought hit: bear.
滚的时候,我突然想到:熊 。
I clawed at my pockets for shells and inserted one into my shotgun.
我抓着口袋里的一个子弹,放进猎枪里 。
I was aiming when something about the shape stopped me.
我瞄准的时候,有东西挡住了我的视线 。
Whatever it was had remained sitting at the top of the bank, looking down at me.
不管那是什么,它一直坐在河岸上端,低头看着我 。
There was just enough dawn by this time to show a silhouette. It was a dog. A big dog, a black dog, but a dog.
这时,晨光下我能看出它的轮廓,它是一条狗,一条大狗,一条黑狗,但只是一条狗而已 。
I lowered the gun and wiped the mud out of my eyes. "Who owns you?" I asked.
我放下枪,擦掉眼睛里的泥 。“你的主人是谁?”我问 。
The dog didn't move, and I climbed the bank again. "Hello!" I called into the woods. "I have your dog here!"
狗没有动,我又爬上了河岸,走进树林里喊道“有人吗!你的狗在我这儿!”
There was nobody. "So you're a stray."
没有人回答
But strays were shy and usually starved; this dog, a Labrador, was well fed, and his coat was thick.
但流浪狗很胆怯,而且通常很饿;这只拉布拉多犬吃得很好,而且皮毛很厚 。
He stayed near me. "Well," I said. "What do I do with you?" On impulse, I added, "You want to hunt?"
他呆在我身边 。“好吧,”我说 。“我该怎么办?”一时心血来潮,我又问道,“你想打猎吗?”
He knew that word. His tail hammered the ground; he wiggled and then moved off along the river.
它知道这个词,尾巴敲打着地面,扭动了一下,然后沿河走了 。
I had never hunted with a dog before, but I started to follow.
我以前从来没有和狗打猎过,但我开始跟着狗 。
It was light enough now to shoot, so I kept the gun ready.
现在可以看清楚了,可以打猎了,我准备好枪 。
We had not gone 50 yards when two mallards exploded out of some thick grass near the bank and started across the river.
还没走到50码,两只野鸭就从岸边的草丛中冲出,开始过河 。
I raised the gun, cocked it, aimed just above the right-hand duck, and squeezed the trigger.
我举起枪,上了膛,瞄准了右边的鸭子,然后扣动了扳机 。
There was a crash, and the duck fell into the water.
一声巨响,鸭子落入水中 。
重点讲解
1.inserted 插入的
If there are indexes on the table, an entry is added to each index for each inserted row.
如果表上有索引,则对于每个插入的行,都要添加一个条目到每条索引 。
2.starved 挨饿的
Like me, he’s a Chinese person, and people in his family also starved to death.
和我一样,他也是个最普通的中国人,他的家人在那次饥荒中也由于饥饿而最终死去 。
3.impulse 冲动
在那冲动的戏剧中,身体的种种激情引导着舞蹈 。
In that impulsive drama the physical passions lead the dance.
4.hammered 锤打
They hammered out a plan for clearing up the differences between them at last.
经过反复推敲,他们终于找到了消除双方分歧的一套方案 。
5.strays 迷失者
When your mind strays from your desk to the vending machine, it could be hunger or it could be boredom or irritation with your boss.
当您的想法偏离你的办公桌转到自动售货机,可以是饥饿或无聊还是和老板生气 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。