(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Magnifying the negative. Minimizing the positive. In other words, what the media does is to distort our perception.
放大消极,缩小积极,也就是说媒体扭曲了我们的观点
It actually makes us into pessimists, especially because the news is on 24 hours a day.
它实际上让我们变成了悲观主义者,尤其是现在一天24小时都有新闻
And we are constantly bombarded by negativity after negativity after negativity.
我们不停地受到消极的轰炸一个接着一个
And where do we get the positive? 30 seconds at the end of the news. Oh yes, there's also a little bit good stuff going on.
我们能从哪里听到正面新闻?新闻报道最后30秒。没错,这世界还是有点好事的
And it's just to make you smile so that you come back tomorrow or the next hour for more bad news.
这样做只是为了让你笑一笑,让你明天或下一小时,继续收看更多的坏消息
Negativity after negativity after negativity. Distorting.
一个接一个的负面消息。扭曲
Creating these cognitive distortions, the psychological traps that we talked about under cognitive behavior, under cognitive therapy.
造成认知扭曲,这就是我们之前学认知治疗和认知行为时,谈到的心理陷阱
And we become pessimistic. Is it any wonder that most people are pessimistic when the media has such an impact on us?
我们成为悲观主义者,有没有人想为什么大部分人是悲观主义者?当媒体对我们有那么大影响力时
Again, not to belittle the role of the media.
我这样说不是贬低媒体的作用
But what I am doing is highlighting certain aspect that we need to be cognizant of, that we need to counter.
我这样说是为了突出我们需要认清并且反对的一个方面
And how we counter — we'll talk about it in a minute.
我们怎么反对——等一下再谈这个
So what does the media highlight? The frauds — Martha Stewart, or Enron, or Worldcom.
媒体突出什么?欺诈行为,例如玛莎家居,安然,世界通讯公司
Highlighting these frauds, but not reporting on the millions and billions of honest transactions that takes place everyday, right now as we speak.
突出它们的欺诈行为,而不是去报道世界上每天都发生的另外那几百几千亿宗的正当交易,此时此刻就有很多正当交易了
Highlighting the negative. Ignoring the positive.
强调负面,无视正面
Millions and billions of honest transactions taking place all the time, all around us constantly.
在我们身边每时每刻都在发生的几百几千亿的正当交易
课程简介和演讲视频
课程简介:
我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。