(单词翻译:单击)
"We have to go, Dr. Reeves!" Anne said excitedly.
“我们要走了,里夫斯教授!”安妮兴奋地说 。
"That was Bill on the phone. He is at a restaurant called Cafe Pico. Sarah's been kidnapped!"
是比尔的电话 。他在一家叫做比科咖啡的地方 。萨拉被绑架了!”
"Kidnapped? Are you sure?" I asked, somewhat incredulously.
“绑架?你确定?”我有些怀疑的问道 。
"I'm sure. Someone has taken Sarah," Anne replied.
“确定 。有人抓了萨拉,”安妮答道 。
"Bill said that a man is holding her, and he will kill her if we don't give him the ransom he's demanding."
“比尔说那个男人抓住了她,如果我们不给给赎金,那个男人就会杀了她 。
Anne was pulling me to the door of the apartment. "Come on! Bill said he will explain at the restaurant."
安妮拉着我走道公寓门口 。“快点!比尔说他会在餐厅解释的 。”
I closed the door to the apartment and followed Anne down the stairs and into my car.
我关上公寓的门,跟着安妮下楼,坐进我的车里 。
The weather was typical for Los Angeles: sunny, 75 degrees, with brown smog covering the city.
典型的洛杉矶天气“晴天、75度、棕色的雾笼罩城市 。
L.A. is a city of dreams. But for some people, it's a city of nightmares.
L.A.是一座梦幻之城 。但多一些人来说,这是一座噩梦之城 。
Anne and I drove down Robertson Avenue in my old red Mustang, going around cars as fast as we could without causing a pile-up.
安妮和我开着我那老式的红色野马来到罗伯森大街,我们快速驱车,并保证不会造成连环撞车事故 。
"Where is this cafe again?" I asked her.
“咖啡厅在哪来着?”我问她 。
"On Robertson and Pico, next to a bookstore," Anne answered. She was justifiably nervous. You could tell it in her eyes.
“在罗伯森大街的比科咖啡,在一个书店旁边,”安妮回答 。她很紧张 。我可以从她的眼睛里看出来 。