医生、护士和救援人员一起重建叙利亚
日期:2018-07-23 19:30

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

"Five hospitals in Aleppo have been bombed."
“阿勒颇的五间医院遭受炸弹攻击。”
That was a text message that I received on a dark winter night in November 2016.
这是2016年11月,一个黑暗的冬天夜晚,我收到的文字信息。
One of them was a children's hospital run by my Syrian colleagues at the Independent Doctors Association, IDA.
其中一间是儿童医院,该医院的营运团队是我在独立医生协会(IDA)的叙利亚同事。
It was the sixth time it had been bombed.
这已经是它第六次遭到炸弹攻击。
I watched in horror heartbreaking footage of the head nurse, Malak,
我恐惧地看着让人心碎的影片,影片中护士长玛拉克,
in the aftermath of the bombing, grabbing premature babies out of their incubators,
在炸弹攻击过后,把早产儿从他们的保育器中抱出来,
desperate to get them to safety, before she broke down in tears. And I felt devastated.
拼命把他们带到安全的地方,到最后她才崩溃大哭。而我感到身心交瘁。
Fellow humanitarians and I have spent blood, sweat and tears rebuilding hospitals so that our patients may live, not die.
我和人道主义伙伴们投入了血、汗、泪,重建医院,让我们的病人能活下来,而非死去。
And through this work, I made a discovery.
透过这工作,我有了一项发现。
The reason that people survive in crisis is because of the remarkable work of the people in crisis themselves.
在危机中,人能够存活下来的理由是因为身在危机中的人自己本身做出了很了不起的贡献。
People survive because of the local doctors, nurses and aid workers who are from the very heart of the affected community,
大家能存活的原因是当地的医生、护士、救援人员,他们来自受影响小区的中心地带,
the people who dare to work where others can't or won't.
他们敢在别人不敢前往的地方付出努力。
People survive because of people like Malak, who, despite sustaining a severe burns injury in the line of duty,
大家能存活,是因为像玛拉克这样的人,即使在执行工作任务时受到了严重的烧伤,
the first thing she did when discharged from hospital was to go back caring for small children.
她出院之后所做的第一件事却是回去照顾孩童们。
From the rubble of death and devastation arise the most gallant and noble human beings.
在死亡和毁灭的残破瓦砾堆中,出现了最英勇、最高贵的人们。
Local humanitarians are the beacons of light in the darkness of war.
当地的人道主义者是明亮的灯塔,在战争的黑暗中引路。
Now, the data shows that Syrian organizations carry out 75 percent of the humanitarian work in Syria.
数据显示,在叙利亚,有75%的人道主义工作是由叙利亚组织所执行的。
Yet, they receive 0.3 percent of the Syria aid budget.
但,它们只接收到叙利亚支助预算的0.3%。
And what's more, the same is happening across the crises of the world.
此外,在全世界的危机中也都有发生同样的状况。
I have witnessed this reality. It means those with the knowledge, skill and ability
我目击了这项现实。那就表示,有知识、技能与能力,
to respond on the front lines have little of the necessary tools, equipment and resources they need to save lives.
可以在前线做出反应的人,并没有多少在拯救人命时所必要的工具、设备及资源。
It means groups like IDA don't have funds to rebuild their hospital.
那意味着,像IDA这样的团体没有资金可以重建他们的医院。
The humanitarian system is failing the most vulnerable communities in their darkest hours.
人道主义体制让大部分脆弱的小区在它们最黑暗的时刻中感到失望。
Now, at the time of receiving that message, I was on sabbatical from my clinical work, setting up CanDo,
在收到那则信息的时候,是我诊所工作的公休日,我在设置“CanDo”,
a start-up determined to address this imbalance and enable local responders to provide health care to their war-devastated communities.
它是个新平台,旨在处理这种不平衡的现象,并让当地的应变组织能够提供健康照护给那些受到战争摧残的小区。
We had devised a simple model: source trusted and impactful local groups,
我们设计出了一个简单的模型:针对来源可以相信且具有影响力的当地团体,
support their development through an accelerator program and connect them to you via our crowdfunding platform,
透过一项加速计划来支持它们的发展,再经由我们的群众募资平台,将它们与你们连结,
where they can fund-raise for their health needs.
在平台上,它们可以针对它们的健康需求来募资。
So when IDA asked for help, I decided to launch CanDo seven months early,
所以,当IDA寻求协助时,我决定要提早几个月让CanDo上线,
with very little money, and many people, including myself, thought I had finally gone mad.
由于资金非常少,很多人,包括我自己在内,都觉得我终于疯了。
I wanted to do something that transformed our collective anger into something beautiful.
我想要做点什么,来将我们集体的愤怒转变成为美好的事物。
And that's how the People's Convoy was born.
因此,“People's Convoy”诞生了。
It was a global crowdfunding campaign to enable IDA to rebuild a whole new children's hospital,
它是个全球的群众募资计划,让IDA能重建一间全新的儿童医院,
and, if successful, we the people would take the medical equipment all the way from London to the Syria border.
如果成功,我们人民就会把医疗设备一路从伦敦带到叙利亚边境。

医生、护士和救援人员一起重建叙利亚

And we did it. Thousands of people came together from across the world to achieve a global first:
而我们做到了。全世界数以千计的人团结起来,达成了全球第一:
we built the first-ever crowdfunded hospital.
我们建立了史上第一个群众募资的医院。
The location was carefully chosen by the local experts, IDA,
地点是由当地的专家、IDA很小心地选择的,
where they knew it would be safe and serve the greatest number of displaced children.
他们认为那地方很安全,且能服务到最大量被迫离开的孩童。
IDA was so moved by people's response, they named it "Hope Hospital."
大家的反应深深打动了IDA,于是把它取名为“希望医院”。
It's been open for exactly one year, and they have treated over 15,000 children.
它已经开放整整一年了,且已治疗过超过一万五千名孩童。
We can provide lifesaving assistance in the most volatile places on earth.
我们能在地球上最动荡的地方提供救命的协助。
The system needs to change, and change starts with us all sharing a new humanitarian vision,
体制需要改变,改变始于我们所有人共有的人道主义新远景,
one where you, global citizens with skills, expertise and resources, stand together with the local responders;
在这个远景中,你们,也就是有技能、专长、资源的全球公民,和当地的应变者肩并肩;
one where we are all humanitarians, putting the necessary resources in the hands of those who need them most
在这个远景中,我们都是人道主义者,把必要的资源交给最需要它们的人,
and are best placed to use them effectively and efficiently.
最能有效益、有效率地应用它们的人。
We need to support the people who are not only saving lives now,
我们得要支持这些人,他们现在不只是在拯救人命,
but it will also be them stitching their wounded communities back together, once a conflict is over to help them heal.
也要靠他们,才能在冲突结束后把受伤的小区重新缝合,协助它们疗愈。
Local humanitarians have the courage to persist,
当地的人道主义者有勇气坚持,
to dust themselves off from the wreckage and to start again, risking their lives to save others.
从残骸中站起来,拍掉身上的尘土,重新开始,冒着自己的生命危险去拯救他人。
And we can match their courage by not looking away or turning our backs,
我们也能够配合他们的勇气,做法就是不要忽视或转身离去,
by helping those who are helping themselves, and together, save more lives. Thank you.
去协助那些在帮助自己的人,同心协力,拯救更多生命。谢谢。
Come over here, please. Why are hospitals being bombed?
请过来这里。为什么医院会受到炸弹攻击?
Yeah, good question. So, Physicians for Human Rights have documented nearly 500 attacks on hospitals
嗯,好问题。根据人权医生的记录,针对医院的攻击已经有近500件,
and over 800 medical personnel who have been killed -- over 90 percent of it by the Syrian regime
有超过800名医疗人员被杀害--超过 90%都是叙利亚政权所为,
and they say this is part of a systemic targeting and destruction of health care, using it as a weapon of war.
他们说,这是系统性针对并摧毁健康照护的一部分,是战争的一种武器。
And the thing with this is that it's not just our problem, it's yours, too, and everyone's,
重点是,它并不只是我们的问题,也是你们的、大家的问题,
because A, it exacerbates the refugee situation -- when you have a decimated health care system,
因为,第一,它会让难民的状况恶化--当你重挫了健康照护体制,
it means the next Ebola-type epicenter of disease is going to be Syria;
就表示下一次伊波拉型的疾病中心地将会是叙利亚;
and unfortunately, it sets a very dangerous precedent
不幸的是,它建立了非常危险的先例,
that makes all of our hospitals anywhere in the world dangerous, and that is not how it should be.
让我们在世界各地的所有医院都陷入危险,那就是现在的状况。
So this actually isn't just about money, either, CanDo isn't just about money.
所以,重点并不只在于钱,CanDo的重点不只是在钱。
Tell me what it means to you that 5,000 people all over the world contributed 350,000 dollars to build Hope Hospital.
告诉我,全世界五千人捐献了35万美金来协助建立希望医院,这对你来说的意义是什么?
I think the answer is in that word, it's in hope.
我认为答案就在那个词中,就在“希望”中。
I think everyone who donated, they had their faith in humanity renewed, knowing there are people like IDA and those doctors,
我认为每个捐款的人,都对于人性的复兴有信心,知道有像IDA的人以及那些医生存在,
who are exhibiting the absolute best of humanity, and it was like an absolute reciprocation.
他们展现出人性最美好的一面,那就像是种绝对的回报。
IDA and these Syrians and many people in places of conflict feel very unheard and unseen.
IDA以及这些叙利亚人,还有在其他冲突地点的许多人,都觉得没被听见、看见。
And I think the fact that -- and they see things through the prism of government,
我认为--且他们透过政府的棱镜在看事物,
so when they see government's not acting, they assume everyone who lives in those places doesn't care.
所以当他们看到政府没有行动,他们就假设在那些地方的每个人都不在乎。
So when they see that display, it really does just renew everyone's faith in humanity.
所以当他们看到那样的成果展示,那真的会恢复每个人对于人性的信心。
Thank you, Rola. Thank you. Thank you for everything.
谢谢你,劳拉。谢谢你。谢谢你做的一切。

分享到
重点单词
  • precedentadj. 先前的 n. 先例,惯例
  • expertisen. 专家的意见,专门技术
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • humanityn. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为
  • sourcen. 发源地,来源,原始资料
  • sweatn. 汗,汗水 v. (使)出汗 n. (凝结在物
  • associationn. 联合,结合,交往,协会,社团,联想
  • assistancen. 帮助,援助
  • bordern. 边界,边境,边缘 vt. 与 ... 接壤,加边于