(单词翻译:单击)
"But I tried talking to the police, Dr. Reeves! They told me to fill out some forms and wait. They won't do anything.
“但是我报了警,里夫斯先生!他们告诉我去填一些表格,然后等着 。他们什么也不会做 。
That's why I went to you for help!" She began to cry a little.
所以我才去找你帮忙!”她开始抽泣 。
I stopped and looked at her for a second: God, I thought, this poor kid. Twenty-two, and in such pain.
我停下来,看了她一会:天啊,我想,这个可怜的孩子 。22岁的她如此痛苦 。
"Okay, well, we won't find anything else here. Let's go," I said to her.
“好吧,我们在这里什么也找不到 。我们走吧,”我跟她说 。
Just then I heard a telephone ringing. I turned to the phone on the table, but there was no sound.
就在这时,我听到了电话铃响 。我走近桌边的电话,但是没声 。
Then I saw Anne reach inside her purse: it was her cellular phone!
然后我看到安妮伸进她的钱包:是她的手机!
"That's my cell phone, Dr. Reeves." Anne said. "Hello?"
“是我的手机,里夫斯先生 。”安妮说 。“你好?”
I watched Anne's face as she answered the phone. First it was happy, then worried, then very sad.
安妮接电话的时候,我看着她的脸 。首先是开心,然后担心,然后非常悲伤 。
"Right...10 minutes...yes...see you there...bye!" Anne hung up and looked at me in fear.
“好的..10分钟...好的...那里见...再见!”安妮挂了电话并恐慌的看着我 。
"That was Bill. Something terrible has happened! "
“是比尔 。出事了!”