五个桔核(MP3+中英字幕) 第26期:奥彭肖的死讯(1)
日期:2018-07-16 09:57

(单词翻译:单击)

It had cleared in the morning,
清晨,天已放晴,
and the sun was shining with a subdued brightness through the dim veil which hangs over the great city.
太阳透过笼罩在这伟大城市上空的朦胧云雾闪耀着柔和的光芒。
Sherlock Holmes was already at breakfast when I came down.
我下楼时,福尔摩斯已经在吃早餐了。
"You will excuse me for not waiting for you," said he;
"你会原谅我没有等你吧,"他说,
"I have, I foresee, a very busy day before me in looking into this case of young Openshaw's."
"我估计,我将要为小奥彭肖的案子忙碌一整天。"
"What steps will you take?" I asked.
"你准备采取什么措施?"我问道。
"It will very much depend upon the results of my first inquiries. I may have to go down to Horsham, after all."
"这在很大程度上取决于我初步调查的结果了。总之,我也许不得不去霍尔舍姆一趟。"

福尔摩斯探案集 五个桔核

"You will not go there first?"
"你不先去那里吗?"
"No, I shall commence with the City. Just ring the bell and the maid will bring up your coffee."
"不,我得从城里开始,只要拉拉铃,女佣人就会给你端杯咖啡来的。"
As I waited, I lifted the unopened newspaper from the table and glanced my eye over it.
我在等待咖啡的时候,拿起了桌上还没有打开的报纸浏览了一下。
It rested upon a heading which sent a chill to my heart.
我的目光停在一个标题上,心里打了一个冷战。
"Holmes," I cried, "you are too late."
"福尔摩斯,"我叫了起来,"你晚了!"
"Ah!" said he, laying down his cup, "I feared as much. How was it done?"
"啊!"他放下了杯子答道,"我担心的正是这样。这是怎么搞的?"
He spoke calmly, but I could see that he was deeply moved.
显然他说的时候很平静,但我已看出他内心很激动。

分享到
重点单词
  • subduedadj. 减弱的;被制服的;被抑制的 v. 使服从,压制
  • commencev. 开始,着手,获得学位
  • headingn. 标题,题目,航向 动词head的现在分词
  • dimadj. 暗淡的,模糊的,笨的 v. 使暗淡,使失去光泽
  • foreseev. 预见,预知
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • veiln. 面纱,掩饰物,修女 vt. 给 ... 戴面纱或面