(单词翻译:单击)
We're dramatically disadvantaged as a country because of the impact of traffic.
因为交通,我们国家陷入了极为不利的地位 。
The average Nigerian spends hours every day in traffic.
尼日利亚人平均每天都要在交通上花费数小时的时间 。
We just don't have the infrastructure to support the amount of people in this city.
我们缺乏能够支撑规模如此庞大的城市人口的基础设施 。
Here in Lagos, Nigeria, traffic can get, well, pretty bad.
在尼日利亚的拉各斯,交通状况可以变得,嗯,非常糟糕 。
So two friends had enough of waiting around.
于是,两个朋友受够了等待 。
They had a plan.
他们想到了一个计划 。
I'm Adetayo Bamiduro. And I'm Chinedu Azodoh.
我是Adetayo Bamiduro 。我是Chinedu Azodoh 。
And we're co-founders of Max.NG.
我们是尼日利亚Max的联合创始人 。
Max is a mobile app that provides Africans access to motorcycle taxis in real time.
Max是一款为非洲人提供实时摩托车空余车辆信息的手机应用 。
And what we do is we train drivers, um, regulates them, and then connect them to customers who need to move from one point to the other.
我们对摩托车司机进行上岗培训,规范管理,然后连通他们与需要出行的客户 。
We also connect those drivers to individuals on business days who have packages they want to deliver from point A to point B.
我们还会连通他们与那些营业日需要将包裹从一个地方送到另一个地方的个人 。
Chinedu and Adetayo met while studying in the States.
Chinedu和Adetayo两人是在美国留学期间认识的 。
They took a few classes together, and both realized they wanted to help their home country.
他们一起上过几门课,都有为祖国效力的想法 。
While we were there, we both had the passion to transform and to change Africa.
还在那边的时候,我们两个人都充满了改变非洲的热情 。
We asked ourselves, you know, what is the best way for us to create a lot of jobs,
我们问自己,创造大量的工作机会最好的办法是什么,
and what kind of problem can we solve that would that would make a lot of impact?
有什么问题是我们可以解决的又能够产生较大影响的?
You see, Nigeria is one of the fastest growing countries from a population standpoint.
你们知道的,从人口角度来看,尼日利亚是增长最快的国家之一 。
With the infrastructure that we have available today, motorcycles solve the problem.
凭借我们今天已有的基础设施,摩托车可以解决这个问题 。
You see, everything else gets stuck in traffic.
你看,所有的车都堵在路上了 。
A car gets stuck in traffic. Buses get stuck in traffic.
私家车堵住了,公交车也堵住了 。
The motorcycles allow their drivers to dart in and out traffic easily, thus saving time and being able to make more deliveries.
摩托车可以让驾驶员轻松出入,不仅可以节省时间,还能够提高成交量 。
So far, the company has hired over 500 people, and changed the lives of many Nigerian families.
迄今为止,该公司已经雇用了500多人,也改变了许多尼日利亚家庭的生活 。
Chinedu and Adetayo see it as their mission to make a change in Lagos, and the rest of Africa.
Chinedu和Adetayo将这一举措视为他们变革拉各斯乃至非洲其他地区的使命 。
According to Max, their drivers make two and a half the industry average—
根据马克斯的说法,他们的车手的收入是行业平均水平的2.5倍——
a wage that can set them on a path to financial success.
这一收入足以让他们走上致富之路 。
I am a Max champion. I am a Max champion!
我是Max冠军 。我是Max冠军!
What we can do to make life better for everybody, we do that to the best of our abilities.
只要能给大家带来更好的生活,我们就会全力以赴 。