(单词翻译:单击)
I'm Billy Mitchell, Video Game Player of the Century.
我叫比利·米切尔,电子游戏世纪玩家
I did the world's first perfect score on Pac-Man.
我是第一个拿下《吃豆人》游戏满分的人
I began in the competitive World of Pinball.
一开始我是玩《弹球游戏》
It moved to Donkey Kong.
之后是《大金刚》
But the greatest level of competition at the moment was Pac-Man.
但到目前为止最难的还是《吃豆人》
If I was gonna be the best,
我要成为最棒的玩家
I had to be the best at the game that was everywhere.
就得在每个环节都做到完美
So in 1999, I sent out a press release.
I was as cocky as could be.
那时我是自信心爆棚的
They said, "There's been ten billion games played,
他们说,“ 玩这个游戏的人数都数不过来,
How are you gonna do it?"
你准备怎么玩?”
I said, “Cause I'm Billy Mitchell.”
我说,“我可是比利·米切尔”
You start off on the first board,
玩这个游戏要从第1个面板开始
but on board 21, that's where it reaches maximum difficulty.
第21个关卡也是难度最大的一个
You have to navigate all the way to board 255 doing the same repetitive thing.
你需要重复同样的内容,一直玩到第255个关卡
You can't miss a dot, a prize, a blue man.
你不能错过任何一个原点、能量或是蓝鬼
You can't die once.
不能死一次
You can't lose focus.
完全不能走神
You gotta stay with it all the way there. Four-to-five hours.
你得一直玩,玩差不多4-5个小时
You have to take a corner,
你得找一个角落
down to 160th of a second in order to create perfect timing.
为了创造最佳时机,你得把一分钟分成160份
And keep your eye right here. Right here.
眼睛一直盯着这儿,一直盯着
You have to do that over 29,000 times without making any mistakes and dying.
照着这样子一直重复29000次,不能出任何差错,不能丢一次命数
You play 255 boards. On 256,
玩255关之后,到了第256关,
there's enough memory left in the game for the left half of the board,
左半边面板的内存已经满了,
and not the right half.
但右半边还没有
The right half is filled with computer garble.
右半边全是乱码
Anything and everything that is not Pac-Man.
上面的东西跟《吃豆人》一点儿都不沾边
Different walls, different dots.
不同的墙,不同的圆点
That's what a perfect score is.
只有满分才会出现这种情况
The moment that score went up there, I thought, Wow, I achieved perfection.
分数窜到满分的那一刻,我在心里想,哇,完美 。
You get to the end. There's nothing to do but die.
游戏结束的时候,你只能死 。
There was nothing saying, "Congratulations.
没有人说,“祝贺你”
There was nothing saying,”The End, Game Over.” Nothin'.
也没有人跟你说,“游戏结束 。” 什么都没有
The designer of Pac-Man,
《吃豆人》的设计者
not only did he never think anyone would get to the end,
不仅没有想到有人会把这个游戏玩到最后
he didn't know where the end was.
他甚至也不知道这个游戏在哪里结束
He didn't know at what point the game would run out of memory.
他不知道这个游戏的内存在哪一刻满
Everything to him is completely baffling.
一切对他来说都是个难题
They never saw the split screen until I sent it to them.
他们之前从未见过分屏的情况,直到我把这个发给了他们
Masaya Nakamura, who's the Godfather of video games,
电子游戏的教父中村雅哉
he crowned me “Video Game Player of the Century” for that and all the previous achievements.
因为我的这个成绩和我之前的成绩,颁给我“电子游戏世纪玩家”的荣誉
It doesn't get any higher than that.
还没有人比我的分更高 。