TED十佳演讲之败中求胜 解读羞耻(3)
日期:2018-05-07 16:59

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

The first is: vulnerability is not weakness.
第一件事,脆弱不是弱点。
And that myth is profoundly dangerous.
并且这种错误理解非常危险。
Let me ask you honestly -- and I'll give you this warning, I'm trained as a therapist, so I can out-wait you uncomfortably
我想诚恳地请问大家 -- 先给个提醒,作为一个受过专业训练的治疗师,我知道你们会感觉不太自在
-- so if you could just raise your hand that would be awesome
-- 所以你们只要举手就很好了
-- how many of you honestly, when you're thinking about doing or saying something vulnerable think, "God, vulnerability is weakness."
-- 坦诚地讲有多少人, 当你们想到做一些脆弱的事或说一些脆弱的话的时候,会觉得:天啊,脆弱就是软弱,这就是软弱?
How many of you think of vulnerability and weakness synonymously?
有多少人认为脆弱和软弱是一回事?

3.png

The majority of people. Now let me ask you this question:
大部分人。现在我们这样来问:
This past week at TED, how many of you, when you saw vulnerability up here, thought it was pure courage?
在TED刚过去的这周,有多少人,当你们看到(我在这儿讲)脆弱的时候,认为那是纯粹的勇气?
Vulnerability is not weakness. I define vulnerability as emotional risk, exposure, uncertainty.
脆弱不是软弱。我把脆弱定义为:情感的风险、流露,以及不确定性。
It fuels our daily lives. And I've come to the belief -- this is my 12th year doing this research
它驱动我们的日常生活。并且我已经达成了这样一种信念 -- 我已经研究这个课题12年了
-- that vulnerability is our most accurate measurement of courage -- to be vulnerable, to let ourselves be seen, to be honest.
-- 那就是,脆弱是对我们的勇气最精确的衡量 -- 保留脆弱,开放自我,保持真诚。
One of the weird things that's happened is, after the TED explosion, I got a lot of offers to speak all over the country
有个奇怪的事就是 在TED这个演讲轰动之后, 我收到全国各地的很多邀请
-- everyone from schools and parent meetings to Fortune 500 companies.
-- 从学校家长会 到世界500强的公司。
And so many of the calls went like this, "Dr. Brown, we loved your TED talk.
很多电话都是这样的: “嗨,布朗博士,我们喜欢您的TED演讲。
We'd like you to come in and speak. We'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mention vulnerability or shame."
我们想邀请您来讲一讲。 但有一件事 希望您不要提到脆弱或者羞耻。”

视频及简介

演讲简介:羞耻感是一种不可言说的流行病,是许多支离破碎的行为背后的秘密。在早先关于脆弱的演讲得到病毒式的传播之后,布琳.布朗继续探寻当人们与羞耻感狭路相逢时会发生什么。言语间闪耀着她特有的幽默、人文关怀以及脆弱。


分享到
重点单词
  • vulnerableadj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • weaknessn. 软弱
  • mythn. 神话
  • vulnerabilityn. 易受攻击,弱点,[计]漏洞
  • explosionn. 爆炸,爆发,激增
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • measurementn. 测量,衡量,尺寸,大小
  • exposuren. 面临(困难),显露,暴露,揭露,曝光
  • majorityn. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派 n. 法定年龄