(单词翻译:单击)
When I look up at the stars, it's very hard not to think about big questions.
仰望星空时,很难不让人想到那些宏大的问题 。
But you know, it can turn I think anyone into a philosopher,
但这对任何人来说都是一个充满哲学意味的时刻 。
and you're looking back in time, you're looking at something that's such an immense distance your brain can't even compute it.
当我们回望历史,摆在我们面前的是漫长得我们根本无法用人脑来计算的一段时间 。
I'm Liv Boeree and my educational background is in astrophysics
我是Liv Boeree,我的教育背景是天体物理学,
and I've been absolutely fascinated with space ever since I was a little girl.
我从小时候起就对太空超级感兴趣 。
I grew up in Kent, and at University I studied physics with astrophysics,
我是在肯特郡长大的,大学的时候我学的是天体物理学,
using the language of mathematics to figure out mechanisms and processes behind the nature of reality itself.
就是用数学语言研究事物本质背后的各种机制和过程 。
But now I'm a poker player, primarily. Liv Boeree is the champion of E.P.T.
但现在我主要玩扑克牌 。获得本届扑克牌大赛冠军的是Liv Boeree 。
The game of No Limit Hold'em is a game of incomplete information.
无限注德州扑克是一种不完全信息博弈 。
There is more unique situations in a game of No Limit Hold'em than there are atoms in the universe.
这款游戏里的特殊情况比宇宙中的原子还要多 。
It's crazy complicated, that's just numbers on a mind-boggling scale, and that's why I love about the game.
而且复杂得简直有点儿丧心病狂,涉及到的数字规模也大得惊人,但这正是我喜欢这款游戏的原因 。
It's about being as methodical as you can, but also adding this sort of intuitive Flair of how to read humans as well.
玩这个游戏要尽可能的有条不紊,同时还带点儿读心术这种直觉的意味 。
Poker, and in particular heads-up No Limit Texas Hold'em poker,
扑克牌,尤其是一对一的无限注德州扑克,
has become the leading benchmark in the AI community for solving imperfect information games.
已经成了人工智能行业解决不完全信息博弈问题的一个领先基准程序了 。
I am Dr.Thomas Sandholm, I'm a professor in the computer science department at Carnegie Mellon University.
我是Thomas Sandholm博士,是卡内基梅隆大学计算机科学专业的教授 。
We developed the strategy for Libratus, Libratus is the first poker AI run on bridges,
我们研发了人工智能系统Libratus,这是第一款靠Bridges电脑驱动的扑克牌AI,
which is the newest supercomputer at the Pittsburgh supercomputing Center.
它的真身是一台位于匹兹堡超级计算中心的新一代超级计算机 。
Bridges is the largest system in the world that converges high-performance computing with artificial intelligence and big data.
Bridges电脑是世界上规模最大的将高性能计算与人工智能和大数据结合起来的计算机系统 。
I'm Nick Nystrom I'm interim director at the Pittsburgh supercomputing Center.
我是Nick Nystrom,匹兹堡超级计算中心的临时主管 。
Pairing Libratus with the HPE superior bridges, we really made history.
通过将Libratus系统和HPE超级计算机相结合是我们的创举 。
I remember hearing about a team of some of the very best No Limit heads up players,
我还记得有一次听到一群顶级无限注德州扑克一对一玩家说,
we're going to be playing against Libratus.
我们的对手是Libratus呢 。
and we all watched it fairly closely to see how a human mind is matched up against a supercomputer.
我们所有人都紧紧地凑上去看人脑是如何跟超级计算机较量的 。
A key aspect is that there are both multiple players and missing information.
最主要的一个问题是无论是人还是计算机,都有多位选手,都是不完全信息博弈 。
The algorithms automatically created the poker strategy for the problems.
但计算机会自动计算出解决问题的出牌策略 。
It beats the humans in real time at the game get started.
比赛开始后很快就能打败人类选手 。
That was the groundbreaking moment here.
这一进步实在是太了不起了 。
To me it was a demonstration of the power of the human mind,
对我来说,我看到的是人脑的无限潜能,
because it takes a supercomputer to start beating some of the best minds in poker.
因为只有超级计算机能打败我们这些最优秀的扑克牌选手 。
And now the question is where do we take it from there? what else do we apply it to?
现在的问题是我们从这里能得到什么启发?我们还能将AI用到哪里?
Like you can apply science to poker, you can apply science to fixing the world's problems.
我们可以把科学知识用到玩扑克牌上,同样,我们也可以用科学来解决实际问题 。
The algorithms in Libratus give you a plug to situations where we're missing information,
Libratus系统的算法能够帮助我们解决那些带有一定未知的问题,
precision medicine, global hunger, climate, environmental damage,
比如精准医疗问题、全球的饥饿问题,气候问题,环境破坏问题等等,
The possibilities really are eliminated only by our imagination.
人工智能在这些领域的前景只能靠我们的想象来一一排除 。
What I'm most personally excited about is the application of super-computing in AI
最令我振奋的是把AI的超级计算功能
to solve some of these really big questions that we have about the nature of the nature, the universe itself.
用到解决关于自然的本质,宇宙的本质这些真正宏大的问题上 。
In some ways we are tiny and insignificant,
从某些层面来说,我们人类真的很渺小,很微不足道,
but at the same time we also have incredible potential with our minds and the things that we can do with them.
但同时我们的大脑,以及我们能用大脑实现的成就都有着无限的可能 。