(单词翻译:单击)
In an age where your phone can scan your face and buttons are becoming obsolete, who thinks of writing anything by hand anymore?
在一个可以用手机扫描人脸,按钮已经过时的时代,谁还想着用手写字呢?
I know it feels archaic to pick up a pencil and use, ugh, lead, but writing down your notes could help you pass your classes.
我知道这种拿起铅笔写字的感觉,有点返璞归真,呃,铅,但用手记录你的笔记可以帮助你顺利通过课程考试 。
Note-taking is very difficult.
记笔记很困难 。
You have to listen, understand, and transcribe concepts all at the same time.
你必须同时听、理解和抄写概念 。
As technology integrates more and more into classrooms, computers for some have become the new notebooks.
随着科技逐步融入课堂,计算机对于某些人来说已成为我们新的笔记工具 。
So we're not writing things down as much or summarizing, we've completely changed how we encode information.
所以我们不再总写东西,做总结,我们已经完全改变了我们编码信息的方式 。
Somewhere down the line the emphasis for perfect cursive faded, and kids were taught to type;
不知何时,对优美字迹重要性的强调早已逝去,孩子们被教着去打字;
as fast, and as accurately as they could.
还要尽可能快和准确 。
A lot of college students now note-take on laptops.
现在许多大学生都用笔记本电脑做笔记了 。
However, typing leads to copying a lecture verbatim, and one study found that when students do that they perform worse on tests that involve conceptual thinking.
然而,打字让学生们学会了逐字照抄演讲稿,一项研究发现学生打字做笔记时,他们在涉及概念思维的测试中表现得更差 。
So, to understand the best way to take notes, you have to get what note-taking is all about in the brain.
所以,要理解记笔记的最佳方法,你必须要明白笔记在脑中的全部内涵 。
There are two ways researchers think note-taking affects your learning: "the encoding hypothesis" and the "external storage hypothesis."
研究人员认为,笔记通过两种方法,影响你的学习(效果):“编码假设”和“外部存储假设” 。
Encoding is when, during the note-taking process, you listen and understand what's being said, then write down what you can in the time allotted before the speaker moves on.
编码是在笔记过程中,你听到并理解所说的内容,然后在演讲者进行下面讲话之前,分配时间把它们写下来 。
It's tough. External storage is your brain storing information outside of itself, so it can retrieve it later.
这是艰难的 。外部存储是你的大脑在其外部储存信息,稍后可以进行检索 。
Ok, I know we all thought typing verbatim could help us study better.
好吧,我知道我们都认为打字可以帮助我们更好地学习 。
It's better "external storage" than my slow scribbles! Right?
这种“外部存储”比我慢吞吞的杂乱手书要好!对么?
You may not be paying super close attention DURING the lecture, but you can totally review it later and it's word for word and that's great? Right? Sort of.
你可能不会在讲座中将注意力太过集中,但你稍后完全可以复习 。逐字逐句,那太好了?对吗?某种程度上 。
When you're writing out notes, although you're writing fewer words than typing verbatim,
当你笔书笔记时,尽管你写的字比逐字打字要少,
your brain is actively summarizing lecture material.
但你的大脑正在积极地总结演讲材料 。
You're encoding messages for yourself onto paper.
你为自己把信息编码在纸上 。
Then when you re-read the handwritten material "enhanced encoding," meaning you're both encoding and storing the knowledge externally.
然后,当你重读笔书材料,“增强编码”时,意味着你在外部同时进行知识编码与存储 。
This is considered a "superior" method for concepts.
这被认为是(理解)概念上的“高级”方法 。
Why? We don't really know.
为什么?我们并不很清楚 。
What we do know is, reviewing typed notes within 24 hours does helps you retain information.
我们所知道的是,在24小时内,复习打字笔记有助于你记忆信息 。
Because 19th-century memory theories from Hermann Ebbinghaus showed, over time, if we don't make an effort to RETAIN information, we LOSE the data on an exponential basis;
因为19世纪赫尔曼·艾宾浩斯记忆理论表明,随着时间的推移,如果我们不去努力保存信息,就会以指数曲线的速度将其遗忘;
this is called Ebbinghaus' Forgetting Curve.
这就是所谓的艾宾浩斯遗忘曲线 。
Unless you constantly review that material, your ability to remember new material will continue to decline over time.
除非你经常复习材料,否则你记住新材料的能力会随时间继续衰退 。
It's like a muscle, to learn requires practice!
这就像肌肉,学习需要练习!
In the end, physical handwriting works well for concepts because your brain is forced to summarize your lesson before you jot it down.
最后,真实手写笔记对(理解)概念非常有效,因为你的大脑被迫先把功课总结一遍再记下来 。
However, laptop note-taking for straight factual information has equal retention according to this study.
然而,根据这项研究,笔记本记录直接事实性信息的保留率(与手写)是一样的 。
So it's sort of up to you, to know what you need to remember and when, and THEN you do have to actually go back and read it to secure that information.
所以这取决于你,你要知道需要记住什么,什么时候记,然后你必须真正回去重新阅读它,以(在大脑中)保留信息 。
The thing is, handwriting isn't GONE.
问题是,手书笔记并没有消失 。
Now technology has gotten good enough that tablets have handwriting recognition, and styluses to work with them… so maybe we'll see a resurgence of writing!
现在的技术已经足够,平板电脑手写识别,还有触控笔配合,协同工作,也许我们会看到手书笔记的复苏!
Maybe… Or maybe we'll see voice recording take over everything…
也许也许我们会看到录音设备替代一切 。
More research is needed to see what will be better for future students.
我们还需要更多的研究,看看对于将来的学生而言,怎样才会更好 。
What do you think? If you liked this video don't forget to subscribe and why is learning hard anyway?!
您是怎么想的?如果你喜欢这个视频,别忘了订阅,不管怎样,为什么要努力学习呢?!
Crystal explains it in this video here.
在本视频中,科瑞斯特尔就这一点进行了解释 。
Having the internet at your fingertips in class can cause distraction, but did you know that you're not only distracting yourself,
在课堂上使用因特网会让你分心,但你知道你不仅仅是在分散你自己的注意力,
but everyone around you is taking peek and getting distracted too! It's evolutionary theory.
而且你周围的所有人都在偷看,他们也会分心!这是进化论 。
Stay focused you guys and thanks for watching Seeker!
你们要集中注意力,谢谢收看Seeker!