We're Broke 我们破产了
日期:2018-03-12 14:19

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "we're broke", from the movie "All Saints".
我们今天的短语是we're broke,出自电影《他们皆圣徒》。
Based on the true story, it is about a priest whose job is to close a church.
这部电影改编自一个真实故事,故事中的牧师的任务是关掉一家教堂。
But Burmese refugees come to the church and together they work to keep it open.
但是缅甸的难民来到这个教堂,并且他们一起努力,让教堂继续开了下去。
Listen for the saying "we're broke".
留意听一下we're broke这个说法。
We have 15 new families and not enough food for their children.
我们有15个新家庭,可没有足够的食物给他们的孩子了。
Well, here's the thing Ye Win, we're closing the church. We're broke.
Ye Win,有一件事,那就是我们要关掉这个教堂了。我们破产了。
What is "broke"?
broke是什么意思?
Start a farm and work together and save the church.
开办一家农场,并且一起努力来拯救这个教堂。

电影《他们皆圣徒》

What do you think "we're broke" means?
你认为we're broke是什么意思?
Is it: we do not have any money or the church is broken?
是我们一丁点儿钱都没有了还是这个教堂损坏了?
Listen again. Did you guess the correct answer?
再听一遍。你猜到正确答案了吗?
We have 15 new families and not enough food for their children.
我们有15个新家庭,可没有足够的食物给他们的孩子了。
Well, here's the thing Ye Win, we're closing the church. We're broke.
Ye Win,有一件事,那就是我们要关掉这个教堂了。我们破产了。
What is "broke"?
broke是什么意思?
"We're broke" means we do not have any money.
We're broke的意思是我们一丁点儿钱都没有了。
In the movie, the church had only a few members.
在这部电影中,这个教堂只有很少的一部分会众。
They could not pay the bills and were going to close.
他们支付不起账单了,并且要关掉这个教堂。
This is a common saying.
这是一种普遍的说法。
If you run out of money, you too may say you are broke.
如果你把钱花光了,你也可以说你破产了。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到