(单词翻译:单击)
In a city that loves its bikes, there is one man looking out for the rest.
在一个珍爱自行车的城市,有一个人负责料理剩下的事情 。
One man, brave enough to bring bike thieves to justice.
他,有足够的胆识把偷车贼捉拿归案 。
A man, the city calls, Bike Batman.
他,就是这座城市的人口中的“自行车蝙蝠侠” 。
In reality, I'm just an engineer.
现实生活中,我只是一名工程师 。
Back in the early 2000's, I started really noticing, you know, there was a lot of bike theft.
零几年我就注意到有很多人偷自行车 。
I remember I had a set of wheels stolen, and I was livid,
我记得我丢过一对车胎,那时我都快气炸了,
but I was super poor, there was nothing to do, you know, I couldn't recover them.
但那时我太穷了,,找也找不回来了 。
It was so frustrating for me,
我非常沮丧,
knowing that the police are so busy with so many other crimes in Seattle,
因为我知道西雅图的警察忙其他的案子都忙不过来,
that there was nobody following up on these minor incidents.
根本没有人来管这些鸡毛蒜皮的小事 。
Enough was enough, he realized he needed to take the law into his owns hands,
是可忍孰不可忍!他意识到,必须把法律武器掌握在自己手里 。
and he had the perfect plan.
接下来,他想到了一个天衣无缝的计划 。
I would best describe Bike Index as a data base, um, that allows you to register your bicycle.
确切来讲,Bike Index这个网站就是一个数据库,大家可以在这里登记自己的自行车信息 。
It's a great way to search for stolen bikes.
自行车被偷了,用这个网站找特别管用 。
The way that it works for me is as I'm perusing craigslist,
我是这么找车的,我会浏览克雷格网站,
I'll notice a fishy ad, and I will immediately open up Bike Index,
一旦发现有可疑的广告,我就赶紧打开Bike Index网站,
and do a quick search for any bikes that have been stolen in that geographic area.
快速搜索广告附近丢失的自行车 。
The first time that I recovered a bike, I had no idea what I was doing.
第一次找到一辆自行车的时候,我完全不知道自己在做什么 。
I drove after work to go meet this guy,
下班后我开车去找那个偷车的,
and it wasn't one person I was meeting, it was three,
但我见到的不是一个人,是三个人 。
and I told them, you know guys, the cops are on their way, I just called ‘em.
我就跟他们说,告诉你们吧,警察马上就要到了,我刚刚报过警了 。
This bike is stolen, and you're not gonna be leaving with it.
这个自行车是你们偷的,现在你们已经拿不走了 。
Eventually I threw the bike in my truck, burned out, returned the bike, it felt great.
最后我把车扔到了我卡车上,一脚油门溜走了,最后把车还给了失主,感觉特别爽 。
What began as a simple plan to help a fellow cyclist, took on a life of it's own.
一开始,他想的不过是帮一帮其他的骑行小伙伴,没成想一发不可收拾,
Seattle's own bike vigilante, was born.
西雅图自行车自卫队就这么诞生了 。
We were able to recover, high 30's or low 40's of bikes.
我们有找到过high 30's以及low 40's型号的自行车
I'm not entirely sure when the bike vigilante had become a thing.
我也不是很清楚,自行车自卫队是什么时候火起来的
It was probably when the Bike Batman moniker was given to me,
大概是大家给我起了个“自行车蝙蝠侠”外号的时候吧,
and this is just something, you know, I like doing.
我很喜欢做这种事 。
I don't need, or want, you know, any recognition.
我不需要,也不想要什么名头,
Just doing good is essentially, you know, how I try to live my life.
做好事本来就是我的生活方式 。
And thanks to Bike Batman, the cyclists of the Emerald City, can rest easy, once more.
感谢自行车蝙蝠侠,翡翠城的骑行者们才能再一次高枕无忧 。