TED十佳演讲之入门 细菌是怎样交流的(12)
日期:2017-12-26 13:27

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

The final thing is, again just to reiterate that there's this practical part,
最后,只是再一次重申,这个研究的实际应用方面,
and so we've made these anti-quorum sensing molecules that are being developed as new kinds of therapeutics.
是我们已经制造出了这些“反聚量感应分子”,它们正作为新一代的疗法被开发研究中。
But then, to finish with a plug for all the good and miraculous bacteria that live on the Earth,
为了鼓励地球上生存的所有对人有益的细菌,
we've also made pro-quorum sensing molecules.
我们也制造了“强化聚量感应分子”。
So, we've targeted those systems to make the molecules work better.
因此,我们已经锁定了这些系统,让这些分子运作得更好。
Remember you have these 10 times or more bacterial cells in you or on you, keeping you healthy.
请记得在你体内体表,有超过你自身细胞十倍的细菌,它们使你保持健康。
What we're also trying to do is to beef up the conversation of the bacteria that live as mutualists with you,
我们也努力加强你和你的共生的细菌之间交流,
in the hopes of making you more healthy, making those conversations better,
让你更健康,让这种互动更有益。
so bacteria can do things that we want them to do better than they would be on their own.
让细菌只做我们希望它们做的事情,防止细菌做我们不希望它们做的事情。

细菌是怎样交流的

Finally, I wanted to show you this is my gang at Princeton, New Jersey.
最后,我希望让你们看看我在新泽西普林斯顿大学实验室的成员。
Everything I told you about was discovered by someone in that picture.
我今天所告诉你们的每一个发现,都是由照片中的某人所完成的。
I hope when you learn things, like about how the natural world works
我希望当你们学到东西的同时,比如自然世界是怎样运作的,
I just want to say that whenever you read something in the newspaper
我只是想说,任何时候,当你们在报纸上看到某事,
or you get to hear some talk about something ridiculous in the natural world it was done by a child.
或是你们听到某些有关自然的,好玩事情的演讲,都是由年轻人完成的。
Science is done by that demographic. All of those people are between 20 and 30 years old,
科学是由这种年龄层的人所造就的。这些二、三十岁的年轻人,
and they are the engine that drives scientific discovery in this country.
他们是推动这个国家科学发现的引擎。
It's a really lucky demographic to work with.
我真的是非常幸运能与这群年轻人一起共事。
I keep getting older and older and they're always the same age, and it's just a crazy delightful job.
我自己在不断地变老,但他们却是始终不变,这真是一个美好得不能再好的工作。
I want to thank you for inviting me here. It's a big treat for me to get to come to this conference. Thanks.
我要谢谢你们的邀请。非常荣幸能参加这个大会。谢谢。

视频及简介

演讲简介

博妮·柏索发现细菌间是会交谈的,它们用一种化学语言来达到共同防卫,协同攻击的行为。这个发现对今后的医疗、工业有着重大的意义,包括怎样认识我们人类自己。


分享到