(单词翻译:单击)
演讲文本
I also tried to be the safest person I could be, because that's a part of health.
我还尽我所能做个最安全的人,因为这也是健康的一部分。
I was inspired by the Danish Safety Council.
我受到丹麦安全委员会的启发。
They started a public campaign that says, "A walking helmet is a good helmet."
他们发起一个公益活动,口号是:“步行专用头盔是个好头盔”。
So they believe you should not just wear helmets for biking, but also for walking around.
他们认为不仅仅要在骑单车的时候戴头盔,走路的时候同样需要。
And you can see there they're shopping with their helmets.
如你所见,他们连购物都带着头盔。
Well yeah, I tried that. Now it's a little extreme, I admit.
恩,我也尝试了,我承认这看来有些极端。
But if you think about this, this is actually -- the "Freakonomics" authors wrote about this
但是如果你想一下,这实际上是因为--《魔鬼经济学》的作者写到过--
that more people die on a per mile basis from drunk walking than from drunk driving.
以一英里为基准,死于酒后步行的人多过死于酒后驾驶的人。
So something to think about tonight if you've had a couple.
如果你已经结婚了,你应该思考一下这个问题。
So I finished, and it was a success in a sense. All of the markers went in the right direction.
所以我完成了这些事情,某种程度上说是成功的。所有的指标都变得正常了。
My cholesterol went down, I lost weight, my wife stopped telling me that I looked pregnant.
我的胆固醇下降了,体重减轻了,我妻子也不说我看上去像个孕妇了。
So that was nice. And it was successful overall.
这非常棒。总的来说是成功的。
But I also learned that I was too healthy, and that was unhealthy.
但是我同样意识到,我过于健康了,这本身也是不健康的。
I was so focused on doing all these things that I was neglecting my friends and family.
我过度专注于做那些事情,却忽视了我的朋友和家庭。
And as Dan Buettner can tell you, having a strong social network is so crucial to our health.
就像丹·布特纳告诉大家的那样,拥有一个广泛的社交网对我们的健康至关重要。
视频及简介
演讲简介:
A.J.雅各布斯用了整整一年的时间,遵循他听到的每一条健康建议--从用玻璃杯来抹防晒霜到戴着自行车头盔购物。在TED MED的演讲台上,雅各布斯与大家分享了他在这个过程中发现的许多让人意想不到的事情。