BBC纪录片地平线《费马最后的定理》第14期:着手攻克谷山-志村猜想
日期:2017-12-04 16:23

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I saw Barry Mazur on the campus and I said let's go for a cup of coffee
我在校园里看到巴里·梅休尔,就说一起去喝杯咖啡吧,
and we sat down for cappuccinos at this cafe and I looked at Barry and I said you know,
我们在这间咖啡厅里喝卡布其诺,我望着巴里说,要知道,
I'm trying to generalise what I've done so that we can prove the full strength of Serre's epsillon conjecture.
我正试着将我所做的归纳起来,这样我们就可以证明塞尔(法国数学家)之Epsillon猜想的全部力量。
Barry looked at me and said well you've done it already,
巴里看着我说,这你已经做到了,
all you have to do is add on some extra gamma zero of m structure
你所要做的就是在M结构的基础上加些灰度系数
and run through your argument and it still works, and that gives everything you need,
然后重新运算你的论点,如果仍有效,就可给你所需的一切,
and this had never occurred to me as simple as it sounds.
而这听上去如此简单的观点我还从未能想到。
I looked at Barry, I looked to my cappuccino,
我看了看巴里,看了看我的卡布其诺,
I looked back at Barry and said my God, you're absolutely right.
再看向巴里说,天哪,你完全正确。
Ken's ideas was brilliant!
肯·里比特的想法太棒了!

着手攻克谷山-志村猜想

I was at a friend's house sipping iced tea early in the evening
在傍晚时分我正在一个朋友家里喝冰茶,
and he just mentioned casually in the middle of a conversation:
在我们的谈话当中他随意提到:
by the way, do you hear that Ken has proved the epsilon conjecture?
顺便问问,你听说了肯已经证明了ε-猜想吗?
And I was just electrified. I knew that moment the course of my life was changing
我如遭电击。我当时就意识到我这一生发生了转变
because this meant that to prove Fermat's last theorem, I just had to prove Taniyama-Shimura conjecture.
因为这意味着要证明费马最后定理,我只需要证明谷山-志村猜想。
From that moment that was what I was working on.
就从那一刻起那即为我钻研的对象。
I just knew I would go home and work on the Taniyama-Shimura conjecture.
我只知道我要回家着手攻克谷山-志村猜想。

视频及简介

本片从证明了费玛最后定理的安德鲁·怀尔斯开始谈起,描述了费玛最后定理的历史始末。


分享到