Make Things Right 纠正行为
日期:2017-10-16 15:51

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's expression is "make things right," from the film Nine Lives.
今天的短语是make things right,出自电影《九条命》。
This is a funny story about a billionaire businessman who spends little time with his family.
这是一部喜剧电影,讲述的是一个亿万富翁很少有时间陪伴家人。
He becomes trapped inside the body of a pet cat.
他被困在了一只宠物猫的身体里。
Listen for the phrase "make things right."
注意听一下make things right这个词组。
How did I get into this?
我是怎么进入到它身体里的?
You haven't been there for your family.
你和你的家人还没有去过。
You're going to be stuck inside this cat until you make things right. Look. Seriously...
你会一直被困在这只猫的身体里,直到你纠正以往的行为。看。有意思吗...

电影《九条命》

What is the meaning of the phrase "make things right?"
Make things right这个词组是什么意思呢?
Is it: fix something that is wrong or make dinner tonight?
是修复破损的事物还是今晚做晚饭?
Listen again. Did you get it right?
再听一遍。你的理解是正确的吗?
How did I get into this?
我是怎么进入到它身体里的?
You haven't been there for your family.
你和你的家人还没有去过。
You're going to be stuck inside this cat until you make things right. Look. Seriously...
你会一直被困在这只猫的身体里,直到你纠正以往的行为。看。有意思吗...
Make things right means to fix something that is wrong.
Make things right意指修复破损的事物。
In the movie, the man is turned into the family cat so that he would have to spend more time with his wife and daughter.
在这部电影中,这位男子变成了家里的宠物猫,这样一来,他就有更多的时间陪伴妻子和女儿。
He was given a chance to make things right, to change his behavior, and return to being a human again.
他获得了一个纠正以往行为的机会,在改变行为之后,他会重新变回了人类。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到
重点单词
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,