神秘的亚马逊沸腾河
日期:2017-11-03 16:52

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
F@Ui=4#OTcPtBrOBcc60Tw|@fqqHM*+a[g^

Imagine a river, hot enough to kill you,
假设有这样一条河流,河水温度之高足以要人性命
said to be the home of a powerful Amazonian water spirit.
据说它是强大的亚马逊水灵的所在地
That place is real, and I've been there.
那个地方并非虚构,我就曾去过那里
It’s the Shanay-timpishka, the boiling river of the Amazon.
这条河就是Shanay-timpishka,亚马逊沸腾之河
My name's Andrés Ruzo, and I'm a geothermal scientist and conservationist.
我是Andrés Ruzo,我是一名地热学家,也是自然资源保护者
As a boy in Lima,
小时候我住在利马,
my grandfather told me this crazy story about the search for the lost city of gold.
那时爷爷跟我讲了寻找失落的黄金之城的疯狂故事
But there was a detail in that story, about a river that boiled.
那个故事里有一个细节,关于沸腾之河的细节
I certainly imagined it, but never really dwelled on it, it was just a detail.
我当时肯定设想过那条河的样子,但我从来没有细细地想过,因为它只是一个细节而已
It's getting much hotter.
现在越来越热了
It turns out this place is real.
没想到真有这个地方
Here is the boiling river. this part is pretty hot.
这就是沸腾之河,这个地方温度比较高
So the boiling river's located in the heart of the central Peruvian Amazon.
沸腾之河位于秘鲁段亚马逊丛林的腹地
The hottest temperature I've measured was over 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
我测量到的最高温度超过了210华氏度
To put that into everyday terms, the average coffee is roughly 130 degrees.
换算成日常温度的话,咖啡的平均温度在130华氏度左右
It's hard to physically imagine that much hot water.
这么烫的河水,实际上是很难想象的
wwaawa

HZbI!Sbi|KEHo)vi

You stick your hand in, and you will see second and third degree burns in a matter of seconds.
把手伸进去,分分钟就会烫成二级或三级烧伤
I've seen a number of animals fall into the boiling river, everything from birds to reptiles.
我看到过动物掉进这条河里,鸟,爬行动物,什么都有
Complex organisms like us, we don't do well at those high temperatures.
像人这么复杂的生物,很难适应那么高的温度
We literally start to cook on the bone.
毫不夸张的说,我们一下去就煮熟了
Feeling that heat come into you, breathing in this thick hot air,
你能感觉到高温朝你涌来,在这种高温空气里呼吸
where you can feel the air heating you up inside your nose,
你都能感觉到空气正通过鼻腔给你身体加热
you can feel it going into your lungs,
你能感觉到它进入你的肺里
you can feel the presence of your lungs because of the heat of the air.
呼吸高温空气的时候,你甚至能感觉到你肺的存在
It still gives me goosebumps.
我还是有种鸡皮疙瘩的感觉
The true name of the boiling river is Shanay-timpishka
沸腾之河真正的名字叫Shanay-timpishka,
and that means, according to one of the local shamans, boiled with the heat of the sun.
当地的一位萨满巫医告诉我,这个名字的意思是“热得如太阳一般沸腾”
It's spectacular.
这条河简直太壮观了
This place has totally redefined what it means to be sacred for me.
对我来说,这个地方彻彻底底地重新定义了“神圣”的含义
I think once you've experienced something that's truly moved you, you love it.
我想,当你经历了某种真正打动你的东西之后,你就会爱上它
And you can't let that go.
对它念念不忘

W+JWmtF=blPm18Ly+509t4!tm=1j]vx)I04XAj~ES*s#(9D
分享到
重点单词
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me
  • sacredadj. 神圣的,受尊重的
  • spectacularadj. 壮观的,令人惊叹的 n. 惊人之举,壮观的表演
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧
  • presencen. 出席,到场,存在 n. 仪态,风度
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的