(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome back.
欢迎回来
Earlier this week, Jordan Klepper he gave us part one of his complete coverage of the U.K. elections.
本周前几天,乔丹·克莱伯给我们看了他关于英国大选的部分采访
In tonight's part two, he now completes his complete coverage completely.
今晚节目的第二个部分,他会完整的完成他的整个采访
Jordan.
乔丹
Last week in the U.K., the conservative party had a huge victory.
上周,英国保守党大获全胜
I assume by using the same wedge issues American conservative candidates use so exceptly.
我想是因为他们采用了部分美国保守党提出的一些政治分野问题
Well, I do believe life begins at conception.
我认为生命起源于孕育
Government-run health care.
国家财政支持的医疗制度
This is what I would do to that law.
对那条法律我会这么做
I think marriage is between a man and a woman.
我认为婚姻应该存在于一男一女之间
How am I going to win? And I said guns.
我怎样才能赢 我说要有枪
Obviously these same issues would resonate in Britain.
很明显这些问题在英国也会引起共鸣
How important is the gun issue for you?
枪支问题对你来说有多严重
I don't know what that is.
我不清楚你的意思
You don't have any guns here?
你们国家的人都不带枪吗
No, does that upset you?
不带,你很失望吗
Yeah, I mean, how do you shoot legislation you don't like?
嗯,那你们怎么枪毙掉那些你不喜欢的法案呢
We vote it down.
我们投票把它废掉
Is socialized medicine getting thrown down your throats?
公费医疗制度是强制实施的吗
No, we already have it.
不是,这个我们已经有了
How big of an issue is abortion?
堕胎有多严重
The main parties are all thinking the same thing on that.
主要党派也在考虑这个问题
What about gay marriage?
同性婚姻呢
That's also not a debate.
这个也没有辩论
We have it, and no one, it's all fine.
我们就是有这个法律,也没有人……就这样吧
So what the...do you guys talk about?
那你们天天都在聊些什么
We talk about the economy. We talk about something called the deficit—Boring.
我们聊经济,聊财政赤字——真无聊
Maybe political consultant Steve Morgan can tell us why they're ignoring these key issues.
也许政治顾问史蒂夫·摩根可以告诉我们,为什么人们忽视了这些关键问题
Well, I mean, we would argue we deal with the real issues here and those are not those.
我们现在要讨论的是实际面临的问题,而那些并不是
Is there any party out there that's talking about the fun, wild card stuff,
有没有党派关心一些有趣的,常见的问题,
like climate deniers or anti-immigration or big fears and stuff like that?
比如否定气候变化,反移民,和人们恐慌的事情之类的
Well, we've got anti-immigration from the UKIP party.
反移民的人都是UKIP党的人
UKIP? What is that?
UKIP? 那是什么
The U.K. independence party.
英国独立党
And they're a very dangerous party because they're xenophobic.
是个很危险的党派,因为他们极度排外
They appeal to the worst elements of British society.
里面的成员都是英国社会中最可怕的危险分子
Okay, that's a party I understand.
哦,我懂了
That sound like good old American campaigning.
听起来像是美国人玩过的把戏
But was UCIP candidate Kim Rose able to walk the fine line between exploiting people's fears and bald-faced hatred?
但是英国独立党候选人金·罗斯能不能拿捏好消除人们的恐惧,和惹人憎恨之间的分寸呢
They will throw the racism card at us. You know, we're not racist.
我们不是种族主义者
We want to stop the mass migration of people coming into this country.
我们只是希望不要再有移民到我们国家来
They're coming over in vast numbers
大量的移民涌入我国,
and now you've got communities taking up parts of the town which are all full of like polish people.
你可以看到镇上,小区里有那么几块全都是波兰人
See, he's not racist. He just doesn't like polish people.
他不是种族主义者 只是不喜欢波兰人
I'm not a racist. What I'm trying to prove is an actual fact, you know, this isn't about race.
我不是种族主义者,我想证明的是事实,这跟种族无关
This is about space. All we want is our country back.
跟生存空间有关 我只是想把我的国家要回来
If you're not repeatedly defending the fact that you're being called a racist over and over again,
如果不是你一遍遍的重复你总是被别人称作种族主义者的话,
you're doing something wrong.
那你可错了
Absolutely, absolutely, I am not.
我当然没有
Not racist! That's what I'm saying. I am not.
我是说不是种族主义者 我不是种族主义者
I can't think of any reason why people were confused about his policies.
我想不明白为什么人们不理解他的政策
I got in trouble for a Hitler comment.
我惹上麻烦是因为一句有关希特勒的评论
So I quoted from the book of Mein Kampf.
我从《我的奋斗》里引用了一句话
The NAZI reference, good idea.
纳粹教材啊,真棒
Although we don't usually actually quote Hiltler.
尽管我们不怎么引用希特勒的话
Sounds like he was ready for American-style politics.
听起来他似乎已经准备好投身美国风格的政局了
He just needed a couple of pointers from a pro.
只需要支持者给他一些指点就行
They've taken away our police force.
他们占用了我们的警力
They've taken away our army.
夺走了我们的军队
Give her the worst-case scenario.
给他看最坏的情景
The worst-case scenario is this great, great country will cease to exist. Nice.
最坏的情景就是这个伟大的国家将不复存在 棒
You know about the U.K. policies?
你了解英国国策吗
Hit her with the hundred years of darkness.
用百年黑暗刺激她一下
Yeah, if we don't get out of the E.U., our children and our grandchildren will have 100 years of darkness.
好,如果我们不脱离欧盟,我们的孩子和孙辈将会生活在百年黑暗之中
This guy was on fire. But then his toughest challenge.
这个人简直帅炸了 但接下来他要面临的是最艰巨的挑战
Squaring off with the rival candidate from the green party.
跟来自绿党的候选人展开博弈
Yeah look, the fact is, at the end of the day, we are the only party
事实是,最后我们会是唯一一个
that wants a complete withdrawal from, the European union.
想要完全脱离欧盟的党派
We understand that.
我们理解
And I know you can't see that.
我知道你们并没有意识到这一点
Make the Hitler reference again.
把引用希特勒的话再说一遍
Yeah, Hitler in 1942, in Mein Kampf said that they will take away our freedom in tiny, into pieces.
好,希特勒在1942年,《我的奋斗》一书中说道,他们会夺走我们的自由,并把它撕成碎片
Now that is what is happening in this country.
而这种事如今正在英国上演
Boom! Walk away. Just, good, good.
轰!转身走,很棒
Ultimately, Kim Rose ended up with a whopping 13% of the vote,
最终,金·罗斯的支持率达到了相当高的13%,
which seems like way more than he deserved.
这比他应得的高多了
And actually, in the time I spent here in Britain, apart from their terrible version of baseball,
事实上,在英国度过的这段时间里,除了他们差劲的棒球技术,
I was impressed with their electoral system.
让我印象深刻的还有一点就是他们的选举制度
Guys like this are maginalized.
这类人都被边缘化了
They spend little on the elections.
他们在竞选上不怎么花钱
They had just six weeks to campaign, and their news media provides reasonably sober analysis. Thank you.
只抽六周时间来竞选,但是他们的新闻媒体还是很客观的进行分析 谢谢
But there was still something that was bothering me.
但让我心烦的还有别的事
What was it.
是什么呢
Are you familiar with the Iraq war?
你了解伊拉克战争吗
The Iraq war?
伊拉克战争?
That's right. You guys were involved in that, too.
对 英国也参战了
Yeah, we were there.
是这样
You guys have made some...bonehead moves. Yeah.
你们军队有些行动实在是傻逼透顶 哦
All right, like us, they fought an unnecessary war.
好吧,他们就像我们一样,打了场完全没必要的战争
Their government approval ratings are dismal.
他们的政府支持率低的可怕
And British leaders even promised punishing austerity measures.
而国家领导人还在许诺削减福利开支 。
So apparently, no matter your electoral system, your government will find a way to...it all up.
很明显,不管你们的选举制度怎么样,你们的政府总有办法把它弄得一塌糊涂
Or course, if you're British there is a cultural advantage that cannot be denied.
当然,你们英国人在文化方面有一点是优于我们的,这一点无法否认
Hey, and Jordan we also use the word...
乔丹,我们能说“婊子”这个词
It's not a problem here, so cheers!
这个词在这儿用完全没问题,干杯
Here's to the politics. We do.
敬政治 。确实是这样
Hey...!
你好啊婊子
Good day....
日安,婊子
Hey...!
你好婊子
Jordan Klepper, we'll be right back.
以上就是乔丹·克莱伯带来的内容,精彩马上回来