(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "brace for impact." It comes from the movie "Sully."
我们今天的短语是brace for impact。出自电影《萨利机长》
The film tells the true story of an airplane losing power and making an emergency landing on a river.
这部电影讲述的是一个真实故事。一架飞机失去动力,紧急迫降在一条河上。
Listen for the words "brace for impact".
留意听一下brace for impact。
This is the captain. Brace for impact. What?
现在是机长在讲话。请准备防撞姿势。什么?
Brace, brace, brace. Heads down, stay down.
抱紧,抱紧,抱紧。低下头,不要抬头。
Do you know "brace for impact" means?
你知道brace for impact的意思了吗?
Is it: we are going to crash or get ready for a crash?
是说我们要坠机了还是说为坠机做好准备?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
This is the captain. Brace for impact. What?
现在是机长在讲话。请准备防撞姿势。什么?
Brace, brace, brace. Heads down, stay down.
抱紧,抱紧,抱紧。低下头,不要抬头。
"Brace for impact" means "Get ready for a crash."
Brace for impact的意思是为坠机做好准备。
These are words you might hear if you are on a plan that is about to crash.
当你坐在一架即将坠机的飞机上,你会听到这些词。
In the movie, the pilot and the flight attendants tell the passengers to "brace for impact."
在这部电影中,驾驶员和乘务员告诉乘客要准备防撞姿势。
By "brace", they mean put your head down and forward with your feet on the floor.
他们所说的brace,就是说把你的头低下,向前靠,双脚牢牢地放在地板上。
Being in such a postion could save your life.
这样一个姿势有可能拯救你的生命。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。