(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's phrase is "not everyone is wired" from the film Arrival.
今天的短语是not everyone is wired,出自电影《降临》。
It is about UFOs (unidentified flying objects) that land on Earth.
该片是有关登陆地球的不明飞行物的。
Watch for the phase "not everyone is wired."
留意看一下not everyone is wired这个短语。
You'll be reporting to me but you'll be working with him, when you're in the shell.
你要向我汇报,但当你在壳状物里时,你要和他一起共事。
That's what they're calling the UFO.
他们就是这样称呼那个不明飞行物的。
Not everyone is wired for what you're about to do.
不是所有人都有你要做的这件事的脑子的。
So what do they look like? You'll see soon enough.
那么他们长什么样?你马上就会看见了。
So what does that mean?
那么,这个短语是什么意思呢?
To be wired: to have electricity or to have certain skills.
To be wired:是带电还是拥有某些技能。
Listen again. Did you get it right?
再听一遍。你理解对了吗?
Not everyone is wired for what you're about to do.
不是所有人都有你要做的这件事的脑子的。
So what do they look like? You'll see soon enough.
那么他们长什么样?你马上就会看见了。
In this movie, "not everyone is wired" means the woman has skills that other people do not have.
在这部电影中,not everyone is wired是指那个女人拥有别人都没有的技能。
The character is very good at languages.
该角色非常擅长语言表达。
Her brain is wired for excellent communication.
她的大脑有很出色的沟通能力。
Being wired can have different meanings.
Being wired可以有不同的意思。
But here it is a way of saying your brain is built to think or operate in a special way. And that is a good thing.
但这里的意思是,你的大脑的构造以一种特殊的方式思考和运转。这可是一件好事。