(单词翻译:单击)
Are you regularly told that you're being silly and pedantic when you point out gross violations of the laws of physics in movies,
当你指出电影中严重违反物理定律的情节时,是否经常被人说愚蠢和卖弄学问?
because 'it's just a movie'?
因为它就是一部电影而已 。
Well, you're about to feel totally validated, because we are about to get real silly and pedantic.
你感觉完全得到验证了,因为我们真要犯傻或卖弄学问 。
Hollywood can be pretty negligent about physics and astronomy, even in really good movies,
好莱坞对物理学和天文学真得很疏忽,即使好电影也一样,
but there are a few specific misconceptions that pop up again and again.
但有几个特殊的错误反复地出现 。
So let's set the record straight on a few of these once and for all. Also, spoilers ahoy!
因此,我们就一次性把这些事情说明白 。嘿,剧透了啊!
All movies mentioned are listed in the description,
所有提到的电影都有描述,
so check to make sure you don't want any of these movies spoiled before you keep watching!
所以,如果你想继续观看的话,一定要确保这些电影没被剧透!
One of the really common areas where movies take some creative liberties with science is with asteroids and comets.
小行星和彗星是电影中最让人浮想联翩的地方 。
Like how the asteroid belt is commonly depicted as a dense minefield of death rocks,
比如,小行星带通常被描绘成一个致密的死亡岩石雷区,
while the reality of the situation is much less exciting.
而现实情况则不那么刺激 。
Asteroids are typically 1-3 million kilometers apart;
小行星一般相距1至300万公里,
for comparison, the Death Star is about 160km in diametra.
相比之下,死亡之星直径约160公里 。
So, you're gonna be pretty safe.
所以,你会很安全 。
And speaking of safety, if you were to ask a screenwriter how prepared we are to handle any impactor,
说到安全,如果你问一个编剧应对撞击器准备得多充足时,
they would probably say "not at all, we're all doomed".
他们可能会说:“一点儿也不,我们都是命中注定的” 。
In the cinematic masterpiece Armageddon, for instance,
例如,在电影杰作《世界末日》中,
NASA detects an asteroid the size of Texas only 18 days before it's going to kill us all,
美国宇航局在18天前探测到一颗德克萨斯州大小的小行星将要杀死我们所有人,
and then sends out Bruce Willis and his ragtag team of oil-rig roughnecks to blow the thing up.
然后派出布鲁斯·威利斯和他的破烂石油钻塔队,把小行星毁掉 。
I don't know why Hollywood so vastly underestimates NASA's ability to detect potentially dangerous impactors,
我不知道为什么好莱坞如此严重地低估宇航局探测潜在危险撞击器的能力,
because NASA would definitely have known about Texas in Space way in advance and had everything under control.
因为宇航局肯定会提前知道太空“德州”小行星的情况并控制一切 。
NASA's Center for Near-Earth Object Studies is constantly scanning the sky for space rocks trying to get too friendly with us,
宇航局近地天体研究中心正在不断扫描天空中试图接近我们的太空岩石,
and they're pretty good at it.
他们非常擅长这样做 。
They keep track of thousands of objects and assess the likelihood of any of them impacting us.
他们跟踪成千上万个物体,并评估它们对我们产生的可能影响 。
When they find an undiscovered near-earth object,
当他们发现一个未知的近地物体时,
they calculate its orbit and its potential as a threat;
他们会计算它的轨道和潜在威胁性,
then, if it could be a problem, they add it to the set of known objects that are tracked and have their orbits periodically reviewed.
如果它可能造成麻烦,他们会把它添加到跟踪的已知对象清单中,对它们的轨道进行周期性地评估 。
Orbits are calculated out to 100 years,
轨道的计算结果是到此后100年,
so we would know way in advance if an extinction-level collision were going to happen,
所以如果要发生灭绝性碰撞的话,我们就会提前知道,
which would give us enough time to plan to deflect or destroy the thing heading for us.
这给了我们足够的时间来计划转移或摧毁朝向我们而来的物体 。
It is true that sometimes we don't detect objects that buzz close to Earth until they're almost here,
的确,有时我们并没有探测到靠近地球的物体,直到它们几乎到达地球了才发觉,
but the reason it takes us so long to spot them is that they're so small, they're hard to detect.
但我们花这么长时间才发现它们的原因是它们太小了,很难探测出来 。
And since they're so small, they're not really much of a threat.
因为它们非常小,威胁不大 。
Definitely not an extinction-level threat.
绝对达不到毁灭级的威胁程度 。
But I could talk about all the good things and bad things about Armageddon all day, so let's move on to black holes.
我整天都在谈论《世界末日》的好坏,所以,让我们进入到黑洞的话题 。
In the Star Trek reboot, when Spock Prime and Nero are consumed by a black hole, it sends them back in time, whole and alive.
在《星际迷航》的翻拍中,斯波克和尼罗被黑洞吞噬,但他们能及时被完整无缺得活着送出来 。
But once you enter a black hole, you're not getting spat out at any point.
但一旦你进入黑洞,你任何时候都不会被吐出来 。
You're getting spaghettified.
你被压成了意大利面条 。
Seriously, that's what astronomers call it.
说真的,这就是天文学家所说的 。
You start to get stretched and extruded like toothpaste through a tube,
你开始像牙膏一样通过管子拉伸和挤压,
ripped down to your constituent atoms and subatomic particles.
分解成原子和亚原子粒子 。
And then the particles that used to be you are stuck in there. Forever.
然后那些曾经是你的粒子被卡在里面,永远都出不来了 。
There are all kinds of other problems with the way black holes are portrayed in that movie.
在电影中,黑洞的描述方式有各种各样的问题 。
Like, it should've been impossible for Nero to create a black hole in the center of the planet Vulcan,
比如,尼罗不可能在伏尔甘星球的中心制造一个黑洞,
and even if he had, there's no way it would've been big enough to swallow the planet that quickly.
即使能够做到,也不会足够大,那么快得把星球吞下去 。
But he shouldn't have lived long enough to try it in the first place.
但他首先就不应该活得那么长,有时间尝试它 。
And finally, on the subject of space deaths, did you know that you won't actually explode in space?
最后,关于空间死亡的问题,你知道你不会在太空爆炸吗?
Not even in the diminished atmospheric pressure of Mars!
甚至在火星大气压减弱的情况下也不可能!
So, awesome as it is, that scene in the original Total Recall
所以,有趣的是,在原版《全面回忆》的场景中,
is where Cohaagen is blown out of a building on Mars and balloons up as his eyeballs pop out, isn't really plausible.
科海根在火星上从一座建筑中被吹了出来,当他的眼球鼓出时,气球就会爆炸,这真的不可信 。
Not that much of the movie is.
多数电影都不会那么夸张 。
It's a common misconception that the difference in pressures inside your body and outside in space
在太空身体的内外压力不同
would equalize so quickly that your head would just pop,
它们迅速平衡导致你的脑袋炸开是常见的误解,
but actually, your body will keep everything in place, kind of like a pair of Spanx.
但事实是,你身体的各部位保持不变,这有点儿像塑身裤 。
Your skin, muscles, and blood vessels have a lot of tension to them.
你的皮肤、肌肉和血管对它们有很大的张力 。
And, they've got all kinds of nice, springy proteins in them, like collagen and fibrillin,
它们有各种各样弹性的优质蛋白,如胶原蛋白和纤维蛋白,
and their cumulative tension provides enough force to keep your blood from evaporating and your eyes from popping out.
它们累积的张力提供了足够的力量来防止血液蒸发,你的眼睛也不会跳出来 。
And your head definitely won't explode.
当然,你的头也不会爆炸 。
So that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where Dave has to break into his own spaceship from outside is actually pretty accurate!
所以,2001年的那场戏:在《太空漫游》中,戴夫不得不从外面闯入自己的宇宙飞船,这实际上是相当准确的
His head doesn't blow up or anything; it's just really windy for a second as the air rushes out of the escape hatch.
他的头不会爆炸或怎么样,当空气冲出逃生舱时,只有一秒的风而已 。
As long as you keep your exposure to a vacuum under 10-15 seconds, you'll be fine.
只要你在真空状态下保持10至15秒,就会没事 。
You probably won't even lose consciousness.
你可能不会失去意识 。
So that's just a tiny sampling of some of the terrible science we see in movies.
这只是我们在电影中看到的一小部分错误科学 。
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch them.
但这并不意味着你不应该看它们 。
Bad movies can still be super fun.
错误电影仍然超级有趣 。
Just don't believe everything you see!
只是不要相信你所看到的一切!
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Space!
感谢您收看本期的太空科学秀!
If you want more bad movie science,
如果你想了解更多的错误电影科学,
you should check out our videos on the main SciShow channel about just how impossible Sharknado would be.
就该看看我们在主节目频道上的视频,看看“鲨从天降”是多么不可能!