(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
This expression sounds like a violent way of eating.
这个表达听起来像是一种粗鲁的吃饭方式 。
But it's actually not always about eating.
但是它并不总是与吃有关 。
Sink your teeth into
全神贯注,决心解决
Here is your Russian book, Anna. Thanks for letting me borrow it!
安娜,这是你的俄语书 。谢谢你借给我 。
Oh, are you done with level 1 already?
哦,你已经学完了一级?
Yeah, I finished last week. And I've already finished level 2!
嗯,我上周就学完了 。我把二级也学完了!
Wow, you are really sinking your teeth into learning Russian!
哇哦,你学俄语可真是努力啊!
Well, I just want to impress my new friend.
嗯,我想给我的新朋友留下印象 。
To "sink your teeth into" something can mean to take a very large bite of food.
“sink your teeth into”某件事有吃一大口食物的意思 。
But as an idiom, it means to become very involved and interested in something new.
但是作为习语来讲,它的意思是对某件新事物特别感兴趣 。
You might sink your teeth into a book, a new project at work, or, in Jonathan's case, learning a language!
你或许会沉迷于一本书、工作中的一项新工程,或者像乔纳森一样,沉迷于一种语言!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!