(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Ice is frozen water.
冰是凝固的水 。
But what does it mean if you break it?
但是如果你把它打碎是什么意思呢?
To Break the Ice
打破僵局
Should you fix broken ice?
你应该把碎冰修复吗?
Hey, I saw you at my party last night. But you didn't stay very long.
嘿,我昨天晚上在聚会上看到你了 。但是你没有待太久 。
I knew no one. And I didn't have the energy to break the ice with a bunch of new people.
我谁都不认识 。而且我也没有精力去打破跟一群陌生人的僵局 。
Asking questions is a good icebreaker.
问问题是打破僵局的好办法 。
True. But even if I broke the ice, I didn't have the energy to listen.
确实 。不过即使我打破了僵局,我也没有精力去听 。
"To break the ice" means to start a conversation with someone you don't really know.
“To break the ice”是指跟陌生人开始一段对话 。
In the winter, ships can get stuck in ice.
冬季船只会被困在冰里 。
Smaller ships break the ice to open up passageways.
小船能够打破冰层,开启通道 。
People can open conversations in the same way.
人们也能以同样的方式开启对话 。
And taht's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!