白日梦所隐藏的巨大能量
日期:2017-08-25 17:00

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

The way human evolution has worked is that humans are constantly toggling between two
人类之所以不断进化,原因就在于人一直在两种不同的思维模式之间进行转换
main modes of thought, a mode of thought where we're focused on the moment for survival issues,
一种是“当下思维”,这种思维专注于解决当下的生存问题
because if you miss like a saber-toothed tiger coming after you and you're daydreaming you're
如果你逃过了张牙舞爪的老虎的追赶,然后你还做白日梦的话
not going to be daydreaming much longer, do you know what I'm saying? But, we also have
根本就不会做很久(这个例子主要是说生存问题的模式)
this other really important mode of thought on the downtime when we don't have to be vigilant
另外一种思维模式就是在我们不必为生存而奋斗的时候
about our environment where we're constantly planning for the future. Our brain has evolved
我们就会计划未来。我们的大脑呢,
to toggle between two main modes of thought, the moment processing and future planning.
已经进化成可以在这两种思维模式之间来回切换了,即“当下思维”和“未来计划思维”
That's actually what - the planning part is actually what makes humans uniquely human
而“未来计划思维”成就了人何为人
because other animals have a hard time transcending the present moment. So we're constantly toggling
因为动物们很难超越“现在”这个时刻,而我们人类却可以


between these two things. And I would argue that for optimal creativity you need to strike a balance;
为了最大化“创造力”,你必须在两者之间寻求平衡
you need to come to what we call the middle way. And in the middle way is knowing
也就是折中 这种折中指的就是,
when it's contextually appropriate to pay attention to the present environment for survival,
该注重当下的时候就注重当下
as well as gathering information, and allow yourself when that isn't necessary to dip
还要收集信息 当没有必要深入
into your inner stream of consciousness and plan for your future. Two critical brain networks
挖掘自己的意识时 也要为未来做打算
that are involved in this toggling process between the present moment and our future
在“当下思维”和“未来计划思维”之间进行转换需要的两个特别重要的大脑网络
planning is the default mode network, which I like to refer to as the imagination network
一个是默认的模式网络,我更想说是“想象网络”
because all the kinds of processes associated with this of brain network I think are associated with imagination in someway.
因为这种大脑网络负责的活动都跟“想象”有关
From like prospective the taking, and when I'm taking the perspective
像我要猜一个人的时候,
of someone else I'm imagining what that person is thinking, right? To daydreaming, to thinking
我就要去想“这个人在想什么呢?”对吧?
about the future, you know, the future planning. It's all imagination. A lot of it has to do
像做白日梦啊,计划未来啊,都需要想象
with social imagination, a particular kind of imagination but I think it's definitely
做这些事情都跟“社会性想象”有关,这种想象是一种特殊的想象力
having to do with imagination. And the other major brain network is the executive attention network.
当然也属于想象的一种。那么另外一种大脑网络就是"注意力网络"
Executive attention network is really crucial for working memory, such as holding information
“注意力网络”对于脑存储尤其重要。比如在大脑中保存信息
in your mind and consciousness and processing and manipulating it, as well as focusing on the outside world.
也有助于大脑运行以及更好地发挥它的支配作用同时也可以帮助人关注外界。
It's also important, by the way, for focusing on your inner world.
顺便说一下,“注意力网络”对于关注你的内心也挺有帮助的
So you can be a mindful daydreamer, and when you're a mindful daydreamer both of those
所以呢,你可以在做白日梦的时候同时保持警觉
brain networks actually couple together because you're focusing that limited spotlight of
这种状态的时候,这两种网络其实是连接着的
attention inward and so your daydreams might become more focused when these two brain networks
因为当它们连接的时候,你的注意力焦点是在内心里面,因此你会更加专注于做白日梦
are collaborating with each other. So these brain networks are all not always at odds with each other.
因此这两种网络模式并不冲突
There is a unique state of consciousness when both of those networks
也有这样一种情况,就是这两种网络势均力敌,这时候就会出现一个神奇的状态
are on the same level of the seesaw. Right? And that seems to be creativity. Really, really
那就是“创造力”的源泉啦
expert meditators have been shown to have an amazing executive attention network.
讲真,冥想专家的“注意力网络”真的超级强大
They're really, really amazing at being able to focus, but that doesn't necessarily relate to creativity.
他们“专注”的能力简直了,但是呢,并不代表他们富有创造力哈
You could be the greatest most proficient meditator in the universe and not have one iota of creativity.
即使你是世界上最牛的冥想家,也有可能一点创造力都木有的说
I think that's the honest truth. I go to some of these conferences,
这是实话。我曾经去过一些关于“意念”的会议,
you can go to some of these mindfulness conferences and they're all just like zombies like looking
我看到有好多人像僵尸一样呆滞地看着演讲者
at paying attention to the speaker and you look at them and they're all so laser focused
他们的目光特别无神
on the speaker because they've honed their mindful attention. And it drives me crazy
因为他们的注意力早就不在演讲者那里了。我看到了真的好抓狂的
sometimes because I just want to scream daydream! Like it's okay! Like to go back in and make
我他妈真的想吼他们,“你们可以睡睡觉,做做白日梦啊,何必呢?”
meaning out of that experience and then go back out. It's that toggling process that
“这也是有意义的啊!”
creators are really good at. So I wouldn't make a case that I think too extreme in either
有创意的人真的很会调节这两种网络模式。我也不提倡两种极端化,一种是不断地做白日梦,
direction, either too extreme daydreamers, and there are chronic daydreamers, they need help.
这种人没有办法控制不做 他们需要外界的帮助
A lot of them like see psychiatrists because they can't stop daydreaming. And I
他们要看精神病医生来停止白日梦
think on the other end it too we can become a too mindful society where we lose fact of
另外一种极端就是我们不要整天警醒地活着
the importance of dipping back in to create meaning out of that outer world that we're mindful of.
有时候也要深入自己的内心,探索外界之外的意义

分享到