天天喊减肥为啥还是没瘦
日期:2017-06-19 15:16

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

People always want to sell something when it comes to weight loss and health, right!
当提到减肥和身体健康 人们总想着去销售些什么 对吧
So they reinvent the wheel for that reason.
这就是为什么人们一直徒劳无功
I'm sure you've seen a variety of fad diets whether it's oh, you know, right now we are going vegan.
我相信你一定见过各种流行一时的减肥食谱 像是我们现在马上要做素食主义者
Wait! no! We're going paleo Wait! No!
等等 不 我们要复古饮食 等等 不
It's thirty-thirty-forty equal portions of everything. Wait a second!
要不按照30-30-40的百分比等额分配 等等!
We can do everything but eat beans.
我们都可以做到 但是毫无用处
It just, it always goes on and on and on.
因为体重仍然在继续增加
And the reality is that weight loss, weight maintenance, is simple science.
事实上 减肥 保持体重是一个简单的科学道理

It's eat less, move more... Food that you consume has calories in it.
那就是少吃多动 你吃的事物含有卡路里
Calories are units of energy.
卡路里是能量单位
Energy that does not get burned, gets stored as fat. Fat is stored energy.
没消耗的能量以脂肪形式储存 脂肪就是储存的能量
And then obviously use common sense with your food choices.
然后运用我们的常识来挑选食物
We all know not to eat things in our food that is not food.
我们都知道食物中有很多不算是食物的食品
Fake fat, fake flavor, fake sugar, and so on.
假脂肪 假香料 假糖 等等


So, in reality if it's this simple being healthy,
那么 如果在现实生活中保持健康就这么简单
why do so many struggle with it?
为什么这么多人还在为减肥苦恼呢
And that's because people utilize food for a variety of emotional reasons.
那是因为人们会受到某些情绪的影响而去吃某些食物
Whether it's a coping mechanism or whether it's affording them a deeper connection with another individual in their lives.
不管这是一种处事方式还是在生活中让他们与他人有更紧密的联系
And that's what we have to get to the bottom of.
而这也是我们所要探寻的
And I remember somebody once said to me people are fat because they want to be fat.
我记得某人曾经对我说过 人们发胖是因为他们想变胖
And I remember going what an a-hole you are.
我记得我当时的反应就是 你好蠢
And the more I thought about it the more I realized it was true.
但我越去思考这个问题就越觉得他说的很对
The more I began to work with people who were overweight, the more I began to see what it meant to them.
当我开始和更多的超重的人共事 我就越开始看出这对他们意味着什么
And it could've been a connection with a parent.
这可能和你的父母有关
It could've been a connection to grieving the loss of somebody and feeling like if you stop eating like this
也可能是因人去世而伤心然后觉得如果你不以这种方式进食
you've moved on with your life and you're no longer connected to them.
你就在人生中翻过了这一章 你和死去的他们已经没有了任何关系
It could be a sense of control.
这可能是一种控制欲
It could be a defense machianism against being vulnerable and getting hurt in relationships.
这也可能是一种针对被伤害和在人际关系中受伤的防御机制
But that is one of the reasons that losing weight or getting healthy is so difficult,
但这就是减肥或者变得健康这么难的原因之一
because it requires us to give up something that has been providing comfort
因为这要求我们放弃那些一直以来为我们提供舒适
and defense against hurt for a very long time.
并且在很长一段时间里保护我们不受伤的东西
It's not because people are weak, or stupid, or lazy, or genetically fat.
这并不是因为人们很脆弱 或是愚蠢 懒惰 又或者是天生肥胖
It's funny I asked people a lot of times,
很有趣的是 我经常问人们
right and if I was to ask you right now
就像我现在问你们一样
why is it that you want to be healthy?
你为什么想要变得健康?
And I would always ask contestants on The Biggest Loser, first day right.
我也总是会在节目的第一天去问超级减肥王的参赛者们
And they would show up
然后他们就开始揭露
and they would get on the scale- because they would get on the scale
踏上磅秤称体重
before they ever had their first workout and they would be like I'm changing my life.
在他们开始第一次试验之前他们就表现得像是 我正在改变我的人生!
I'm never going to see this number again.
我再也不会看到这个数字了!
I'm changing the world.
我正在改变世界!
I'm changing my neighborhood, my school, my family and my partner, my.. so on and so forth , right?
我正在改变我的邻里 我的学校 我的家庭 我的伴侣我的……等等 对吧?
Five minutes into the first workout they are rolling on the floor, they are crawling for the door, they are crying...
第一次试验的五分钟后他们就在地板上打滚 他们向门爬去他们哭泣
They're throwing up.
他们呕吐
And in that moment I was like okay, so now why did you come here?
那个时候我的反应就是 行 那么现在你是为什么而来?
Why…did you want to come to this place?
为什么……你想来到这个地方?
This place is not easy. Being healthy is hard work. What is it?
这地方不简单 保持健康是个很难的事情 为什么
And they would say well I would, I just want to be healthy. And I would go great,
然后他们就会说我 我只是想要变得健康 然后我就可以变得更好
What does that mean to you?
这对你来说意味着什么?
And then I would get like the Scooby- Doo.know-wow!
然后我就可以开始喜欢上史努比嗷呜
And people don't think about it.
人们从来不去思考这个
They really don't know.
他们真的不知道
If I was to ask you right now what does health look like in your life?
如果我现在问你 健康在你的生活中是什么样子的
What's your answer?
你的答案会是什么
Is it I want to wear a two piece instead of a one piece at spring break because I'm 22.
是 我想在春假的时候穿两件式套装而不是连衣裙 因为我22岁了 吗?
Or is it I want to see my grandchildren graduate from college, because I'm 62.
或者是 我想看到我孙子大学毕业 因为我62岁了 吗?
Or is it you know what? I want to have sex with the lights on.
又或者是 你知道吗 我想开着灯啪啪啪吗
Which by the way, I think it's tremendously overrated
顺便一提 我觉得这个被高估了
but nevertheless, it's not dark all the time.
但是虽然如此 这也不可能一直是关着灯的
Whatever your motivation is that's what's critical.
无论什么样的动机都是你减肥成功的关键
And it could be that you are a new mom.
它可能是你成为了一位新任妈妈
It could be that you wanna wear skinny jeans.
也可能是你想穿紧身牛仔裤
It could be that you wanna run a marathon.
也可能是你想跑马拉松
You need to think about what ways health will improve the quality of your life,
你需要考虑的问题是 健康如何提升你的生活质量
because I'm gonna tell you right now that getting healthy usually is displeasurable.
因为现在我要告诉你 使自己变得健康这个过程很艰苦
Most of us would rather be watching our favorite TV show than sweating it out at the gym.
我们大多数人比起去体育场运动得大汗淋漓更喜欢看我们喜爱的电视节目
Most of us, not all, but most.
虽然不是所有人都这么想 但也占大多数
Most of us would prefer pizza to grilled salmon.
我们中的大多数比起烤鲑鱼 更喜欢披萨
And so, in order for these behaviors in the moment
而且 为了变得自制
that are less than pleasurable to become managable
这些看起来没那么愉快的行为是必须的
you've got to have perspective and a long-term goal that's worth it.
因为你的愿景和一个长期的目标值得你那样去做
And we call that finding your why.
我们把这个称作寻因
Um..there's a great quote.
恩……有一句很棒的熟语
If you have a why to live for, you can tolerate the how
如果你为了某个目标而活 你就能忍受你是如何达到这个目标的整个过程
The how is the work and the sacrifice associated with the goal.
如何 就是你为了这个目标的努力 牺牲和付出
And so this is where you need to ask yourself some really powerful questions of
这时你就要问自己一个强有力的问题
what is it that I want for myself in detail?
具体地说 那到底对我来说意味着什么
What do I want for my future?
我对我的未来有什么期望
How do I see this improving the quality of my life?
我对这种提高生活质量的事情怎么看
And you might find in the beginning, you draw a complete blank.
最初你就会发现你什么都记不起
And the reason for this is because so many of us live in the way that we think we should,
造成这种情况的原因是我们大都以一种我们自认为应该的方式活着
that we've forgotten what it is we really want.
我们忘记了我们真正想要的是什么
So I have an exercise for you.
所以我给你准备了一个练习
I want you for the next two weeks to set your alarm on the hour every hour, waking hours only.
我希望你在接下来的两个星期里在你醒着的时候每个小时定一个闹钟
I'm not a complete monster.
我也不是一个完全没人性的怪兽
And when it goes off I want you to ask yourself what you're doing right now in the moment.
当闹钟响的时候 我希望你能自问一下你在这个时刻正在做什么
And then subsequently, how does it make you feel?
接下来 它让你感觉如何
And by teaching yourself to become present
通过教会你自己变得现实
you're better able to start identifying the things that you do want,
你能开始更好的定位你真正想要的东西
that you are passionate about, and that will help you start to cultivate your why.
你真正热衷于的东西 而这些将帮助你开始完善你的原因

分享到
重点单词
  • geneticallyadv. 遗传(基因)方面
  • maintenancen. 维护,保持,维修,生活费用 n. 供给,抚养; 主
  • comfortn. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉 vt. 安慰,使舒适
  • toleratevt. 容忍,忍受
  • neverthelessadv. 仍然,不过 conj. 然而,不过
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • varietyn. 多样,种类,杂耍
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的
  • flavorn. 滋味,香料,风格 vt. 加味于
  • passionateadj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的