Irregular Plurals 不规则复数
日期:2017-07-25 08:15

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Kaveh.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是卡维。
And I'm Lucija. Today we're talking about irregular plurals.
我是露西佳。今天我们讲讲不规则复数。
What? I thought we were gonna talk about the new Pixar Movie featured in our new program English at the Movies.
什么?我以为我们要在新推出的《电影中的英语》节目中讲最新的《皮克斯》电影呢。
No, Kaveh, this is Everyday Grammar, remember?
哦不,卡维,这是《每日语法》栏目,懂?
Oh, so what's the topic again? Maybe I can help.
噢,那今天的主题是什么?也许我能帮上忙。
We are talking about irregular plurals.
我们要将不规则复数变化。
As you know, most plurals in English just follow the "add an s" rule. You know like, one book, two books.
你知道,英语中很多复数都遵循词尾+s的规则,像one book的复数是two books。
Yes, but why is it: one child, two children?
是的,但为什么one child的复数就是two children呢?

复数.png

That's a good question. As you can see, a few nouns follow different rules for making plurals.
问的好,你也看到了,有些名词的复数遵循不同的规则。
Yeah, but why?
是的,但为什么呢?
Well, the answer is in our history.
答案源于我们的历史。
The English language has borrowed words from many languages.
英语有许多从其他语言中引入的外来词,
And a few of these borrowed words have kept the plural form used in the original language.
一些外来词的复数形式保留了下来。
For example, some of our irregular plurals come from German: man–men, woman–women, goose–geese.
例如,一些德语中的不规则复数形式man–men/woman–women/goose–geese;
Some come from Old English: child–children, ox–oxen.
一些来自古英语,如child – children/ox – oxen;
And others come from Greek and Latin: datum–data, medium–media.
其他则来自于希腊语和拉丁语,如datum – data/medium – media。
Wow, that's really interesting! I'm starting to like these irregular plurals.
哇哦,相当有趣!我开始喜欢上这些不规则复数了。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是节目的全部内容。

分享到