(单词翻译:单击)
Now, there's, there's a lot of stories in the news today about Airbnb.
今天有许多关于“爱彼迎”的报道 。
You know Airbnb, right? You know what an Airbnb it is...
你们知道“爱彼迎”吧?知道吧 。
Yeah, it's a website where you can make your house available for people to stay in for a few days.
“爱彼迎”是一个空房短租的网站 。
Right? It makes no sense to me.
对吗?但我怎么就不理解呢?
Here's what I don't understand about Airbnb.
我来告诉你为什么我不明白 。
People used to buy expensive security systems, you know, to keep you out of their homes.
人们过去老买一些昂贵的监控装置来防止他人闯入,对吗?
And now with Airbnb, they're suddenly like let's invite a stranger to come in here and touch everything.
但如今有了“爱彼迎”以后,人们开始邀请陌生人进入,而且可以随意触碰家里的东西 。
Like I can barely tolerate it when my friends come over for dinner and ask to use the bathroom.
那天朋友来家吃晚饭,但我没法忍受的是他要求使用卫生间 。
I'm like, well, wait until you get home, Craig.
我想说克雷格,等你回家再上行吗 。
This isn't a Starbucks.
这不是星巴克 。
Well you know, I don't know if you saw this story, right,
我不知道你看过那则新闻没有,
but a story's just come out about a couple in San Francisco
旧金山几天前发生了这样一件事,
who hired a house sitter from TrustedHousesitters.com to watch their house
有位户主在“TrustedHousesitters.com”(看房人信赖)网站找看房人,
while they were away at Burning Man.
当时户主正在外地庆祝“火人节” 。
But instead of looking after their home,
但他没有帮户主看房,
the house sitter listed it on Airbnb and earned $2,000 by renting it out.
反而将房子放在“爱彼迎”,还租了出去,还竟然挣了2000美金 。
I, can you imagine?
你能想象吗?
I mean, I think you're in trouble when you're using a site called TrustedHousesitters.com.
别用“TrustedHousesitters.com”(看房人信赖),这会让你陷入麻烦 。
Like, that was their first mistake.
这是他们犯下的第一个错误 。
Does, does this site need to use the word trusted?
该网站名需要用“信赖”两字吗?
You are nothing makes you seem less trustworthy than saying that you're trustworthy.
你不说你值得信赖还好,说了反倒更不值得信赖 。
It's like if a doctor describes himself as a very qualified doctor.
这好比有医生说他非常专业 。
So to mean like hello, I'm a very qualified doctor from VeryQualifiedDoctors.com,
这就好比我是一名来自“VeryQualifiedDoctors.com”(职业医生网站)的医生,
and today were gonna check out your this thing,
今天我要检查你的“这个”,
you know, and I'm gonna use one of these. So good luck.
但我要用“这个”检查 。祝你好运 。
But also, these people hired a house sitter when they went to Burning Man. Right?
这条新闻说的是“火人节”户主雇佣看房人,对吗?
And I don't know about you but I think it's surprising that someone who went to Burning Man owns a home.
但我不知道的是,庆祝“火人节”的居民竟然能买得起房,这让我很惊讶 。
I know...But the thing is right, when it comes to Airbnb, these kinds of stories aren't even uncommon.
但一提到“爱彼迎”,这类故事似乎司空见惯 。
In fact, these guys were lucky because I didn't feel saw this but recently,
事实上,这些人其实还蛮幸运的,就在最近,
a couple in Calgary came home after Airbnbing their apartment
一对来自卡尔加里的夫妻使用“爱彼迎”后发现,
to discover that the place had been destroyed and an orgy had taken place there.
他们的房屋被毁,而且还用他们的房间举办了纵欲狂欢 。
The thing is, it being destroyed, I can work out how you can tell that immediately, stuff broken, etc. But
房间被毁了,你知道吗,你很容易就能看见,破碎的东西等等 。
like, what are the telltale signs that an orgy has taken place?
是有什么隐含的讯息告诉我们,这里曾经举办过纵欲狂欢吗?
Like whatever they are, I never want to find them, you know.
不管你能找到什么讯息,我都不想知道 。
Like best case scenario, they're out of wet wipes.
最好的情况是他们没湿纸巾了 。
Worst though, no, no, no.
坏情况是......不不不 。
Best case scenario, out of wet wipes. That's...
好情况是没湿纸巾了 。
Worst case scenario, don't play ping-pong for a while.
最坏情况是,最近最好别玩乒乓球 。
Come on. Not that bad.
没关系,不会那么坏的 。
So when it comes down to it, like I'm only going to stay in hotels.
所以如果是这种情况,我只会住酒店 。
I'm not saying hotels are perfect but at least the weirdness at a hotel is impersonal.
我不是说酒店没事,但至少酒店发生“奇怪”现象是与人无关的 。
Do you know what I mean?
懂我意思吗?
Like a hair in the shower at a hotel is like, oh well, the maid missed a spot, you know.
如果你在酒店浴池发现头发,你就会认为服务生没擦干净 。
But a hair in the shower at an Airbnb is Lenny's hair.
但如果你在使用“爱彼迎”后发现头发,你就会认为哦,这是伦尼的头发 。
You've met Lenny, Lenny gave you the keys,
你见过伦尼,是伦尼给你的门钥匙,
and now you can picture exactly where that hair came from on Lenny's body because Lenny's bald.
这时你就会想象那个画面,你就应该知道这个“头发”是从伦尼的哪个部位来的,因为伦尼没头发 。