你能解开桥之谜题吗?
日期:2017-07-11 14:41

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Taking that internship in a remote mountain lab might not have been the best idea.
在深山里的实验室中实习,可能不是一个好主意。
Pulling that lever with the skull symbol just to see what it did probably wasn't so smart, either,
拉下画有骷髅符号的控制杆,看看会发生什么事,或许也不是个聪明的想法。
but now is not the time for regrets because you need to get away from these mutant zombies fast.
但现在,已经没时间后悔了,因为你得赶紧逃离这些突变的僵尸。
With you are the janitor, the lab assistant, and the old professor.
与你同行的,有管理员、实验室助理和一位老教授。
You've gotten a headstart, but there's only one way to safety: across an old rope bridge spanning a massive gorge.
虽然你们已经领先一步,但要安全逃离,还需要跨越大峡谷上的一座老旧吊桥。
You can dash across in a minute, while the lab assistant takes two minutes.
你冲过吊桥只需要1分钟,然而实验室助理需要2分钟。
The janitor is a bit slower and needs five minutes, and the professor takes a whole ten minutes,
管理员稍慢一些,需要5分钟,而教授需要整整10分钟,
holding onto the ropes every step of the way.
因为他走每一步都要紧握着绳索来前进。
By the professor's calculations, the zombies will catch up to you in just over 17 minutes,
根据教授的计算,在17分钟后,僵尸就会追上你们,
so you only have that much time to get everyone across and cut the ropes.
你只有这么多的时间,让所有人通过吊桥并剪掉绳索。
Unfortunately, the bridge can only hold two people at a time.
不幸的是,吊桥同一时间只能承载两个人。
To make matters worse, it's so dark out that you can barely see,
更糟糕的是,天色太暗,让你伸手不见五指,
and the old lantern you grabbed on your way only illuminates a tiny area.
而你手中的老旧油灯,只能照亮一个小范围。
Can you figure out a way to have everyone escape in time?
你能想出让每个人及时逃脱的方法吗?

你能解开桥之谜题吗?

Remember: no more than two people can cross the bridge together,
记住:不能超过两人同时走在吊桥上;
anyone crossing must either hold the lantern or stay right next to it,
跨越吊桥时,若不带着油灯,就得走在提灯者旁。
and any of you can safely wait in the dark on either side of the gorge.
而所有人都可以安全地待在漆黑的峡谷两端。
Most importantly, everyone must be safely across before the zombies arrive.
最重要的是,所有人必须在僵尸抵达前安全地通过吊桥。
Otherwise, the first zombie could step on the bridge while people are still on it.
否则,当僵尸一踏上桥时,桥上的人会使吊桥负荷过重而断裂。
Finally, there are no tricks to use here.
最后,不能用任何花招。
You can't swing across, use the bridge as a raft, or befriend the zombies.
你不能用绳索摆荡过去,也不能把桥做成木筏,或者和僵尸当朋友。
At first it might seem like no matter what you do, you're just a minute or two short of time, but there is a way.
一开始,你可能会认为无论怎么试,始终会差个一、两分钟,但确实是有办法的。
The key is to minimize the time wasted by the two slowest people by having them cross together.
关键就在于:让最慢的两人走在一起,来减少他们所需要花的时间。
And because you'll need to make a couple of return trips with the lantern,
而且,要有人提着油灯走回来这总共需要两趟,
you'll want to have the fastest people available to do so.
你需要让跑得最快的人来做这件事。
So, you and the lab assistant quickly run across with the lantern, though you have to slow down a bit to match her pace.
所以,你先和实验室助理提着油灯快速通过,然而你必須放慢一些來配合他的速度。
After two minutes, both of you are across, and you, as the quickest, run back with the lantern.
两分钟后,你们两人都通过吊桥,然后跑得最快的你,再迅速提着油灯返回。
Only three minutes have passed. So far, so good. Now comes the hard part.
这样只花了3分钟。到目前为止都非常的顺利。最难的部分來了。
The professor and the janitor take the lantern and cross together.
教授和管理员提着油灯一起过桥。
This takes them ten minutes since the janitor has to slow down for the old professor
这花了他们10分钟,因为管理员必须为了老教授放慢脚步,
who keeps muttering that he probably shouldn't have given the zombies night vision.
教授喃喃自语抱怨着:他当初不该让僵尸拥有夜视能力。
By the time they're across, there are only four minutes left, and you're still stuck on the wrong side of the bridge.
当他们跨越吊桥时,只剩下4分钟,而你仍困在对岸。
But remember, the lab assistant has been waiting on the other side, and she's the second fastest of the group.
但是记住,实验室助理已经在另一边待命,而她是队伍中跑第二快的人。
So she grabs the lantern from the professor and runs back across to you.
所以她从教授手中拿起油灯,快速跑回去你那边。
Now with only two minutes left, the two of you make the final crossing.
现在只剩下2分钟,你们两位最后一次过桥。
As you step on the far side of the gorge, you cut the ropes and collapse the bridge behind you, just in the nick of time.
当你踏上峡谷的另一侧,你剪断绳索,摧毁身后的吊桥,时间刚好赶上。
Maybe next summer, you'll just stick to the library.
或许,明年夏天你只会想泡在图书馆里哪儿都不去。

分享到
重点单词
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • skulln. 头骨,骷髅头 vt. 击打头部
  • collapsen. 崩溃,倒塌,暴跌 v. 倒塌,崩溃,瓦解,折叠
  • levern. 杠杆,似杠杆之工具 vt. 撬开,使用杠杆
  • remoteadj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大 n