(单词翻译:单击)
In this American English pronunciation video, you're going to come with me to my home state of Florida and we're going to do a Ben Franklin exercise where we study conversation.
在这个美式英语发音视频里,你会跟我到我的家乡佛罗里达州,我们会做一个本·富兰克林练习,学习对话。
Today's topic: discussing plans.
今天的话题:讨论计划。
Not till two. Right, but we're... And maybe somewhat after that. But we said we'd be there at 1:30.
不到两点。 是的,但是我们...... 或许会是两点以后。 但我们说过我们会在一点半到那里。
Right. I think they want to just chat, and, you know... Yeah. Stuff before. Sure.
是的,我觉得他们只是闲聊,然后,你知道的...... 是的。 在那之前。 当然。
Will it take, like 15 minutes to get there, or? Oh no. It'll take... Ten? Five. Five.
到那里要用15分钟还是? 哦,不。大概要用...... 十分钟? 五分钟。 五分钟。
"Not till two."
不到两点。
I notice my dad makes a Stop T here, "not till, not till", instead of "not till".
我注意到我爸爸在这里发了一个顿音T,“not till, not till”,而不是“not till”。
That makes the transition between these two words less obvious, it makes it a smoother link. "Not till two."
这样会使两个单词之间的转换不那么明显,连接更加通顺。“Not till two.”
"Not till two." (loop two times) "Right, but we're..." "And maybe somewhat after that."
不到两点。(循环两次)是的,但是我们...... 或许会是两点以后。
Another Stop T here at the end of "that" because it's the end of a thought, the end of a sentence.
在“that”结尾也有一个顿音T,这是因为它位于一个观点,一句话的结尾。
Often we make those T's Stop T's in American English.
在美式英语里我们通常会把这些T发成顿音T。
"somewhat after that." (loop three times) "But we said we'd be there at 1:30."
两点以后。 (循环三次)但我们说过我们会在一点半到那里。
"But we." I actually dropped the T altogether here to make this even more connected and smooth. "But we, but we."
“But we.”为了让它连接得更紧密更通顺,我把这里的T省略了。“But we, but we.”
"But" is a function word, not too important, so it's okay to reduce it.
“But”是一个虚词,不是很重要,所以可以把它略读。
"But we said we'd (loop three times) be there at 1:30."
“But we said we’d(循环三次)be there at 1:30.”
Did you notice how I pronounced "thirty"? I took this second T and made it a Flap T so it sounded like a D. "Thirty, thirty, 1:30."
你注意到我是怎样读“thirty”的吗?我把这个T读成了浊音T,听起来像是D音。“Thirty, thirty, 1:30.”
"But we said we'd be there at 1:30." (loop three times)
但我们说过我们会在一点半到那里。(循环三次)
This was another Stop T. And, it was very quick, so it was hard to tell, but I think this was a schwa, "at, at. At 1:30." (loop two times)
这里又有一个顿音T。它非常快,很难分辨,不过我觉得它是一个弱读音,“at, at. At 1:30.”(循环两次)
"Be there at 1:30." (loop three times)
我们会在一点半到那里。(循环三次)
When you're talking about the time of something, try pronouncing "at" this way, very quickly.
当你在谈论某事的时间时,试着这样读“at”,很快。
"Right. I think they want to just..."
是的,我觉得他们只是
Another Stop T here. It's the end of a sentence. "Right."
这里在句子的结尾又有一个顿音T。“Right.”
"Right. (loop three times) I think they want to just."
“Right. (循环三次) I think they want to just.”
Did you notice how my Dad did not make a TH sound here, but rather just an H sound? And he connected it to "I". "I think, I think, I think."
你注意到了吗?我爸爸在这里并没有发TH音,而是一个H音。他将它与“I”连读。“I think, I think, I think.”
"I think they want to just." (loop three times)
是的,我觉得他们只是(循环三次)
I've noticed some native speakers do this with the TH in "think". We use this phrase a lot. "I think this, I think that."
我注意到了许多英语母语者都会这样发“think”里的TH音。我们经常用这个短语。“I think this, I think that.”
And it's not uncommon to hear the H sound instead of the TH. It's a funny little reduction that we do of a content word. "I think they."
把TH音发成H音并不罕见。这是我们对一个实词的很有意思的一个略读。“I think they.”
"I think they want to just (loop three times) chat, and..." "Yeah."
“I think they want to just (循环三次) chat, and...” “Yeah.”
You probably noticed the "wanna" reduction here.
你可能注意到了这里的“wanna”略读。
"I think they want to." (loop three times)
我觉得他们(循环三次)
Very common in American English.
这在美式英语里很常见。
"I think they want to just chat, and..." "Yeah."
我觉得他们只是闲聊,然后,你知道的...... 是的。
Also, the word "just". We often reduce this so it sounds like there's basically no vowel. "Just (loop three times), want to just (loop two times)."
还有单词“just”。我们通常会略读这个单词,所以它听起来基本上没有元音。“Just (循环三次), want to just (循环两次).”
"I think they want to just (loop three times) chat, and..." "Yeah."
“I think they want to just (循环三次) chat, and...” “Yeah.”
"Chat." Another Stop T at the end of this thought.
“Chat.”在这个观点的最后又有一个顿音T。
"I think they want to just chat, and..."
我觉得他们只是闲聊,然后
The word "and" was very reduced, to just the schwa N sound, "nn, nn."
单词“and”被略读为弱读音N,“nn, nn.”
"Chat and." "Yeah." (loop three times)"You know, stuff."
闲聊,然后,(循环三次)“You know, stuff.”
"You know." Did you notice that this was the schwa and not the OO as in BOO vowel? "You, you, you know."
“You know.”你注意到了吗?这里是个弱读音,而不是BOO里的OO元音。“You, you, you know.”
We pronounce these two words together this way all the time. "You know." (loop three times)
我们经常把这两个单词一起这样读。“You know.”(循环三次)
"Chat and." "Yeah.""You know, stuff (loop three times) before." "Sure."
“Chat and.” “Yeah.”“You know, stuff (循环三次) before.” “Sure.”
"Will it take, like, fifteen minutes to get there, or?"
到那里要用15分钟还是?
Let's talk about the word "fifteen" for a second.
我们来讨论一下单词“fifteen”。
Some people have a hard time hearing the difference between 15 and 50.
有些人很难分辨15和50的区别。
The sounds are a little different, but also, the stress is different.
它们的发音有些不同,并且,重音也不同。
"Fifteen." Stress is on the second syllable there, " teen, teen, fifteen."
“Fifteen.”重音是在第二个音节上,“ teen, teen, fifteen.”
So it's short long. For the word "fifty", it's the opposite. It's long short. "Fifty, fifty."
所以它的音是短 长。而单词“fifty”则恰恰相反。它的音是长 短。“Fifty, fifty.”
"Fifteen, fifteen.""Will it take, like fifteen minutes (loop three times) to get there, or?"
“Fifteen, fifteen.”“Will it take, like fifteen minutes (循环三次) to get there, or?”
I reduced the vowel in "to" to the schwa, like we almost always do. I did keep this as a True T though.
我把“to”里面的元音略读为了弱读音,就像我们经常做的那样。不过我把这个T发成了清音T。
The sound before was unvoiced, "ts, ts, ts. Minutes to." (loop two times)
它前面的音是不发音的,“ts, ts, ts. Minutes to.”(循环两次)
"Fifteen minutes to get there, or?" (loop three times)
15分钟还是?(循环三次)
Did you notice this T? Stop T because the next sound was a consonant, the voiced TH.
你注意到这个T了吗?它是一个顿音T,因为后面的音是辅音,发音的TH。
"Get there, get there.""Fifteen minutes to get there, or?" (loop three times)
“Get there, get there.”“Fifteen minutes to get there, or?”(循环三次)
How was this word pronounced? "Or, or." Just the schwa R sound, very quick. This is another function word, so I've reduced it.
这个单词是怎么发音的呢?“Or, or.”只有弱读R音,很快。这也是一个虚词,所以我把它略读了。
"To get there, or?" (loop three times) "Oh no. It'll take..."
“To get there, or?” (循环三次) “Oh no. It’ll take...”
Did you hear Dad? He reduced "it will" to the contraction "it'll". "It'll." (loop three times)
你听到我爸爸把“it will”略读为“it'll”了吗?“It’ll.”(循环三次)
"Oh no. It'll take..." (loop three times) "Ten?" "Five." "Five."
“Oh no. It’ll take....” (循环三次) “Ten?” “Five.” “Five.”
What's different about the pitch, the intonation of these two phrases?
这两个句子的音调和语调有什么不同呢?
"Ten?" "Five." "Five."
十分钟? 五分钟。 五分钟。
This one goes up in pitch, this one goes down.
这一句语调上升,这一句下降。
That's because I'm asking the question here. I don't know how long it will take.
这是因为我在问问题,我不知道要用多久的时间。
The statement, where my dad was sure, goes down in pitch.
我爸爸的这句陈述句语调下降。
If you're not sure, your phrase goes up. If you're sure, your phrase goes down.
如果你不确定的话,语调上升,如果你确定的话,语调下降。
"Ten?" "Five." "Five." (loop three times)
十分钟? 五分钟。 五分钟。(循环三次)
Not till two. Right, but we're... And maybe somewhat after that. But we said we'd be there at 1:30.
不到两点。 是的,但是我们...... 或许会是两点以后。 但我们说过我们会在一点半到那里。
Right. I think they want to just chat, and, you know... Yeah. Stuff before. Sure.
是的,我觉得他们只是闲聊,然后,你知道的...... 是的。 在那之前。 当然。
Will it take, like 15 minutes to get there? Or? Oh no. It'll take... Ten? Five. Five. Okay. So we can leave at, like, 1:25. Yeah.
到那里要用15分钟还是? 哦,不。大概要用...... 十分钟? 五分钟。 五分钟。好的,那我们就可以1点25分出发了。 是的。
We might as well head back anyway. Yeah. That way we can still... Yeah. Stop and look at the alligators if we want.
我们最好还是回去了。 是的,那样的话我们还可以...... 是的。 想看的话可以停下来看看短吻鳄。
Right. We probably won't see much more. I was hoping to see... No. sandhill cranes, but.
是的。我们可能不会再见到了。我还想看看...... 不。 沙丘鹤,但是。
Right. We would definitely see, we would definitely see more alligators, but we probably wouldn't see anymore of anything different.
是的。我们一定会去看的,我们肯定会再看短吻鳄,不过可能看不到什么不一样的了。
Well, we've seen enough of those I think.
嗯,我觉得我们已经看的够多了。
That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.
这次的学习就到这里,非常感谢使用Rachel's English。