(单词翻译:单击)
Daniel Bernoulli, 1738, here's what he said:
丹尼尔·伯努利曾在1738年说过
fastmoving air creates low pressure.
快速移动的空气会产生轻微的压力
bam! So now watch this.
砰!现在看看这个
So now see, now watch this.
好了 看好啦
I'm gonna blow really hard here, over the top of the straw,
我将会对着吸管的顶部用力地吹气
and watch, the liquid's gonna come up the straw,
看好了 这里的液体会从吸管中喷出来
and it's gonna shoot out at somebody else at the table.
然后射向桌子边上的其他人
Watch. see? wow. wanna try it? okay.
看着 看到了吗? 哇 想试试吗? 好呀
no, you can't do that.
不 你不行的
So that'sthat's pretty muchthat's it!
这个实验差不多就是这样啦
That'sokay, wellthat's pretty good.
这... 好吧 很不错吧
Thank you. but, youno, no, no, no-- please.
谢谢你 再见 但是 你... 别别别 拜托
so, you're gonna lose a lot of your breath--
你得呼很多气
Yeah. and so that's why i came up
是的 所以我想到了
with this, so here's what you do.
可以用这个东西来代替 你要做的是
So this, you just kind ofbut then that would make a huge mess. right.
直接用这个东西喷气 但是这样你会把周围搞得乱糟糟的 是的
So, uh... so then, i was thinking--
所以 所以后来 我就想
You know, if you go to the hardware store,
我可以去五金店
you can spend hours. my wife gives me like 20 bucks,
在那里逛上好多个小时 我老婆给我大概20美元
and i can do whatever i want. mmhmm.
我就可以在那儿买买买了 嗯哼
for a whole day. so i got this thing,
逛它个一整天... 我买了这个东西
and so this goes over here, kinda like that.
把这个东西安到这儿 像这样
See? okay. So now when you turn it on--
明白吗? 嗯 所以现在你按下开关之后
see, that's fastmoving air. yep.
看 那就是快速移动的气体 是的
but then i was thinking this would be fun too,
但是接下来我又想 这么做也会很有趣
so these are ping pong balls, okay? so now... here.
这些是一些乒乓球 对吧 现在
I'm gonna hang on to this, and you just take the ping pong ball
我拿着这个喷气机 你就直接把这些乒乓球
and just kinda drop it in. you're gonna feel it get pulled
放进这个小孔 然后你就会感觉到乒乓球被空气
right in to the stream, try it. all right.
猛地拉入气流里 试一下 好的
Okay. No wait! Wait a minute. You get to do it.
好的 不 等等! 你来拿着这个
You hang on here okay.
抓住这里 好的
And i'm gonna load for you. You ready?
我要给你装弹药了 准备好了吗?
Okay. So turn it on...
嗯 把喷气机打开
Oh, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait, wait.
啊 等等等等等等 等等 等等 等等
See, that's not even using science,
看到的吗 根本不需要懂什么科学原理
that's just screwing around. okay. so, um...
乱来就行了 是的 然后...
So now, this is the big straw, so see, i gotta somehow
这是一根大吸管 现在我得
tie it back to this, right. right, okay.
想办法把它和喷气机连起来 就行把它绑到试管后面一样 嗯 好的
So this goes right here, like that,
把这根大吸管插到这儿 像这样
so now watch what happens. if you turn it over,
现在我们来看看会发生些什么 把它反过来
like this, you can actually pull the ping pong balls up.
像这样 你就可以真的把乒乓球拉上来
Watch this, ready? See? That's perfect!
看着 准备好了吗?看到了吗? 太棒了!
Wait, wait, wait, wait! okay. this is--
等等 等等 等等 好吧 这就到了
This is where we kind of got into problems at home,
我们在家时陷入困境的时候了
because well, that was fun. You just--
因为... 是的 刚刚那样是挺有趣的 但是
There's no rapid fire at somebody, that's what you want.
你不能快速地向别人射击 那才是你想要的
That's what you want. rapid fire!
嗯 那才是你想要的 速射!
Yep. So...so then,
是的 那么...
if you go down to aisle 17, you can find this, all right?
如果你们去17号街道 你们会找到这种管子
So this is the loader. So this is pretty fun. uh huh.
这就相当于弹夹 这挺好玩的 嗯哼
And you know what? i asked all the audience members,
你猜怎么着 我之前已经通过电子邮件
I emailed them ahead of time, and i said "you should bring
让所有观众把他们的
safety glasses." so watch. uh huh.
安全眼镜带过来 所以看好了 嗯哼
You put on your safety glasses.
把你们的安全眼镜都戴上
oh, wow. So I would just be kind in how you aim. So now you hang on
哇 如果是我的话 我会注意我瞄准的方向 现在你拿好
to the whole thing. uh huh.
整个装置 嗯哼
Now watch this. As soon you're out,
看好了 你的这管'弹药'一旦用完
i'll reload you with this tube right here, all right? okay. okay.
我就会用这一管乒乓球 给你重新装满'子弹' 好吗?好的好的
And then I'm gonna reload you with this tube right here.
然后再用这一管乒乓球
All right? So your job is to get 'em all.
好吧? 你的任务就是 把他们都干掉
Ready? here we go. All right.
准备好了吗? 嗯
Turn it all the way on. Nice job, here we go.
火力全开 很好 来吧
Oh, that's very nice. That's great. Good.
噢 很棒 很棒 很棒
Perfect, perfect. All right, here's another one.
完美 完美 好 这是另一管
Here we gohold on.
来来来... 等等
All right, here we go. this one's a better one! Yes! Better!
好了 来吧! 这次会更棒的!太好了! 这次更棒了!
It really comes out fast, doesn't it?
真的喷得好快啊 不是吗?
It reloads so fast. so-- bam! isn't that fun?
很快又要装弹药了 砰! 这很好玩吧?
That is so much fun! You had so much fun with one--
太好玩了!你单射一管乒乓球就觉得这么好玩了
I would definitely put those back on. All right.
如果是我的话 我会把安全眼镜戴上
So there's now 32 blowers yep.
那么现在这里有32个喷射装置 是的
And now there's 60 ping pong balls in each one of those,
每个装置上装了60个乒乓球
right. because if you're gonna do it right, then overdo it right.
对 如果你想把一件事情做好 那就得全力以赴 对吗?
Right, right. So and then--come here and look at thishere's the science behind this.
是的 那么来看看这个 这个装置背后的原理是这样的
Remember, it's fastmoving air creates low pressure,
记得吧 快速移动的气体会产生轻微的压力
so each one of these is aimed strategically
每个管子都是朝特定方向
at a part of the audience. Good. So...
瞄准某个区域的观众的 很好
Wonderful. And this is actually going to
好极了 这个实验将会
affect more audience than we've ever done, any experiment,
最大程度地影响我们的观众 比在你的表演中的
ever on your show. right.
任何实验都要多 对的
Come back with me. Okay, good.
跟我一起回来这边 好的
Come back behind here. All right.
到这后边来 好的
All right, I will show you how to fire.
好 我将给你演示一下如何'开火'
So you're gonna stand over here on this side.
你得站在这边
When I say go, all the blowers are gonna come on at one time,
我说开始的时候 所有喷射装置都会同时启动
but you are gonna reach over heresee the little pins?
但是你得到这儿 看到这些小杆子了吗?
Yes. You're gonna pull those, kind of as fast as you cansure.
嗯 拉动这些杆子 要尽可能地快 当然
And when you pull those, those'll go to those people in the audience. Okay.
你拉的时候 球就会射向观众席里相应的人 好的
I, on the other hand, will do this side over here,
而我呢 会在另一边做一样的事情
and we will meet in the middle.
我们会在中间相遇
Oh, this is gonna be insane! Got it?
噢 这太疯狂了 明白了吗?
Ready? All right--here we go, hang onturn on the power!
准备好了吗? 好 要开始啦 等等... 启动装置吧!
All right, go! Bam!
好了 开始!砰!
Fantastic! We took out a couple people.
太棒了! 我们干掉了一些人
Go to our website to learn more about steve and his new
访问我们的网站 了解更多关于steve和他month俱乐部的
science kit of the month club.
新科学设备