木偶奇遇记(MP3+中英字幕) 第65期:匹诺曹顶替看门狗(1)
日期:2016-11-07 16:21

(单词翻译:单击)

Chapter 22
第22章

Even though a boy may be very unhappy, he very seldom loses sleep over his worries.
一个孩子不管有多难过,都很少因为忧心而影响到睡眠。
The Marionette, being no exception to this rule, slept on peacefully for a few hours till well along toward midnight,
木偶也毫无例外的呼呼睡了几个钟头直到半夜,
when he was awakened by strange whisperings and stealthy sounds coming from the yard.
突然被从院子里传来的一阵耳语和鬼鬼祟祟的声音惊醒了。
He stuck his nose out of the doghouse and saw four slender, hairy animals.
他把鼻子伸出狗屋,看见四只纤瘦的、毛茸茸的动物。
They were Weasels, small animals very fond of both eggs and chickens.
它们是黄鼠狼,一种特别爱吃鸡蛋和鸡的小动物。

法庭2.jpg

One of them left her companions and, going to the door of the doghouse, said in a sweet voice: "Good evening, Melampo."
—只黄鼠狼离开同伴,走到狗屋的门前来,用甜美的声音说:“晚上好,梅兰珀。”
"My name is not Melampo," answered Pinocchio.
“我不叫梅兰珀。”皮诺乔回答说。
"Who are you, then?"
“那你是谁?”
"I am Pinocchio."
“我是皮诺乔。”
"What are you doing here?"
“你在这里干什么?”
"I'm the watchdog."
“我是看门狗。”
"But where is Melampo? Where is the old dog who used to live in this house?"
“梅兰珀呢?一直住在这狗屋里的老狗哪儿去了?”
"He died this morning."
“他今天早晨死了。”
"Died? Poor beast! He was so good! Still, judging by your face, I think you, too, are a good natured dog."
“死了?可怜的畜生!它那么好!可看你的脸,我觉得你也是一只和善的狗。”
"I beg your pardon, I am not a dog!"
“对不起,我不是狗!”
"What are you, then?"
“那你是什么?”
"I am a Marionette."
“我是一个木偶。”
"Are you taking the place of the watchdog?"
“你在代替看门狗看门?”
"I'm sorry to say that I am. I'm being punished."
“很抱歉是的,我在接受处罚。”
"Well, I shall make the same terms with you that we had with the dead Melampo. I am sure you will be glad to hear them."
“好,我要和你订立条款,救同我跟已故的梅兰珀做的一样,你会很高兴听到的。”
"And what are the terms?"
“什么条款?”

分享到