富爸爸穷爸爸(MP3+中英字幕) 第82期:学会不为钱工作
日期:2016-09-05 07:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 6: Work To Learn— Don't Work For Money
第六课 学会不为钱工作

In 1995, I granted an interview with a newspaper in Singapore.
1995年,我接受了新加坡一家报纸的采访。
The young female reporter was on time, and the interview got under way immediately.
一位年轻的女记者准时赴约,采访立即开始了。
We sat in the lobby of a luxurious hotel, sipping coffee and discussing the purpose of my
visit to Singapore.
我们坐在一家豪华酒店的大厅里,喝着咖啡,谈论我此次行程的目的。

fubabatupian.png


I was to share the platform with Zig Ziglar.
我和畅销书作家金克拉一起接受采访。
He was speaking on motivation, and I was speaking on “The Secrets of the Rich.”
他谈的是动机问题,而我谈的是“富人的秘密”。
“Someday, I would like to be a best-selling author like you,” she said.
“有一天,我想成为像你这样的畅销书作家。”女记者说。
I had seen some of the articles she had written for the paper, and I was impressed.
我曾经读过她在报上发表的一些文章,而且印象深刻。
She had a tough, clear style of writing. Her articles held a reader's interest.
她的文章风格犀利且有条理,深受读者的欢迎。
“You have a great style,” I said in reply. “What holds you back from achieving your dream?

“你的文章风格很好,”我回答,“那么,是什么妨碍了你实现梦想?”
“My work does not seem to go anywhere,” she said quietly.
“我的写作之路似乎前途渺茫,”她平静地说,
“Everyone says that my novels are excellent, but nothing happens. So I keep my job with the
paper.
“人们都说我的小说非常好,但是仅此而已。因此,我依然继续在报社工作。
At least it pays the bills. Do you have any suggestions?”
至少,这能挣钱支付账单。你能给我些建议吗?”
“Yes, I do,” I said brightly. “A friend of mine here in Singapore runs a school that
trains people to sell.
“好的,”我高兴地说,“我在新加坡的一位朋友办了一所学校,培训销售技能。
He runs sales-training courses for many of the top corporations here in Singapore,
他为新加坡的许多大公司讲授营销课程,
and I think attending one of his courses would greatly enhance your career.”
我想如果你去听听他的课,或许会对你的职业生涯有帮助。”
She stiffened. “Are you saying I should go to school to learn to sell?”
她有点不快,“你是说我应该去学销售吗?”
I nodded.
我点点头。
“I have a master's degree in English Literature. Why would I go to school to learn to be a
salesperson? I am a professional. ”The interview was over.
“我拥有英语文学硕士学位,我干吗要去学做推销员?我是一个专业人士。”于是采访草草收场了。

分享到
重点单词
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • platformn. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲
  • enhancevt. 提高,加强,增加
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • luxuriousadj. 奢侈的,豪华的
  • salespersonn. 售货员
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的