(单词翻译:单击)
名人传记
What's the matter, Bob?I have to do this.
怎么了 鲍勃 我要参军
And I will do it and I don't need your permission to enlist.
我要参军 我入伍不需要经过你的同意
That same speech has been made by how many sons,to how many fathers since the war began?
从战争开始 有多少儿子 对他们的父亲说过一样的话
I don't need your damn permission, you miserable old goat,I'm gonna enlist anyhow!
我才不需要你该死的许可 老家伙 无论如何我都会参军
And what wouldn't those numberless fathers have given to be able to say to their sons as I now say to mine,
又有多少父亲对他们儿子 说出我要对你说出的这番话
I'm commander-in-chief,so in point of fact, without my permission,
我才是总司令 没有我的允许
you ain't enlisting in nothing, nowhere, young man.
你不能参军 年轻人
It's mama you're scared of, not me getting killed.
你只是怕妈妈 根本不是担心我的死活
I have to do this! And I will.
我必须参军 我一定会的
Or I will feel ashamed of myself for the rest of my life.
不然余生我都会以此为耻
Whether or not you fought is what's gonna matter.
能不能上战场根本无所谓
And not just to other people, but to myself.
这不仅仅是为了别人 也是为了我自己
I won't be you, pa. I can't do that.But I don't want to be nothing.
我成不了您 爸爸 我办不到 但是我不想碌碌无为
He'll be fine, Mary.
他会没事的 玛丽
City Point's away back from the front lines, from the fighting,
锡蒂波因特离前线有一段距离
he'll be an adjutant running messages for General Grant.
他会被安排去做格兰特将军传信的副官
词汇解析
1、enlist
(使)参军;(使)入伍
Michael Hughes of Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, enlisted in the 82nd Airborne 20 years ago.
来自宾夕法尼亚州拉克万纳的迈克尔·休斯20年前参军,在第82空降师服役。
He enlisted as a private in the Mexican War.
在墨西哥战争中他参军成为一名二等兵。
取得,赢得(帮助)
I had to cut down a tree and enlist the help of seven neighbours to get it out of the garden!
我不得不砍掉一棵树,并叫来7位邻居帮忙把树抬出花园!
I've read that you've enlisted some 12-year-olds to help out in your campaign.
我读到你让一些12岁的孩子在宣传活动中做帮手。

2、miserable
苦恼的;痛苦的
I took a series of badly paid secretarial jobs which made me really miserable.
我做了几份薪酬微薄的秘书工作,这让我非常郁闷。
She went to bed, miserable and depressed.
她伤心而沮丧地上床睡觉。
(天气)阴郁的,令人苦恼的
It was a grey, wet, miserable day.
那是阴郁灰暗、潮湿多雨的一天。
It was very cold, damp and miserable.
天气非常寒冷潮湿,令人难受。
远远不足的;非常差劲的;少得可怜的
Our speed over the ground was a miserable 2.2 knots.
我们在接近地面时的航速仅为2.2节。
It has so far accepted a miserable 1,100 refugees from the former Yugoslavia.
迄今为止,从前南斯拉夫接收的难民只有区区1,100人。
