《名人传记》之亚伯拉罕·林肯第4期:注定失败的修正案
日期:2016-07-10 21:58

(单词翻译:单击)

名人传记

You tell me dreams, that's all, I'm your soothsayer.

你也就跟我讲你的梦 我是给你算命的

That's all I am to you anymore.I'm not to be trusted,

这就是我对于你的全部意义 我不会再得到你的信任了


even if it wasn't a carriage accident,

即便那不是一场简单的车祸

even if it was an attempted assassination.

而是一次未遂的暗杀行动

It was most probably an ass It was an assassin, whose intended target was you.

那次应该不是暗 就是暗杀 而且是针对你的

How're the plans coming along for the big shindy?

宴会准备的怎么样了

I don't want to talk about parties.You don't care about parties.

我不想谈宴会的事 你从不在乎宴会

Not much but they're a necessary hindrance.

不太在乎 但例行公事也没办法

I know.I know what it's about, the ship.

我知道了 我知道小船象征什么了

It's not Wilmington Port, it's not a military campaign!

不是威尔明顿港 不是军事行动

It's the amendment to abolish slavery!

是废奴修正案

Why else would you force me to invite demented radicals into my home?

否则你怎么会强迫我 邀请那些激进疯子到家里来

You're gonna try to get the amendment passed in the House of Representatives,before the term ends, before the Inauguration.

你正想办法 在任期结束和新就职典礼前 让修正案在众议院通过

Don't spend too much money on the flub dubs.

别在没用的东西上花太多钱

No one's loved as much as you,

没有谁像你一样受人爱戴

no one's ever been loved so much by the people,you might do anything now.

没有谁像你一样被万人敬仰 你现在可以随心所欲

Don't, don't waste that power on an amendment bill that's sure to defeat.

不要把这样的权力 浪费在一个注定失败的修正案上

词汇解析

1、intend

想要;打算;计划

She intends to do A levels and go to university.

她计划先参加高级考试,然后去读大学。

I didn't intend coming to Germany to work.

我没有打算来德国工作。

准备,预留(作某种用途或给某人用)

This money is intended for the development of the tourist industry.

这笔钱准备用于旅游业的开发。

Columns are usually intended in architecture to add grandeur and status.

圆柱在建筑中通常用来增添气势和显示地位。

意指;意思是

He didn't intend any sarcasm.

他没有任何讽刺的意思。

Burke's response seemed a little patronizing, though he undoubtedly hadn't intended it that way.

伯克的回答有点施恩与人的感觉,尽管他无疑并没有那个意思。


2、attempt

尝试,试图(尤指做困难的事)

The only time that we attempted to do something like that was in the city of Philadelphia.

只有在费城那次我们曾试着做那样的事。

Before I could attempt a reply he added over his shoulder: Wait there.

还没等我回答他就回头又说了一句:在那儿等着。

(通常指不成功的)尝试,企图,试图

a deliberate attempt to destabilise the defence.

经过深思熟虑的破坏该防御的尝试

It was one of his rare attempts at humour.

那是他极不常见的想要表现幽默的一次。

分享到