BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》(MP3+中英字幕) 第36期:教授语法
日期:2016-04-06 13:42

(单词翻译:单击)

Despite their reputation for discipline,
就算中国在纪律方面有着良好的声望
Chinese teachers like Li Ayun are not used to raising their voices in class.
像李爱云这样的中国教师并不打算在课堂上提高嗓门
When you talk, I will wait.
我等你们说完我再讲课
I feel very surprised.
我觉得很惊讶
Why was this morning so quiet when Mr Vaughn was here?
为什么今早沃恩老师在时你们那么安静
Because we're scared of him, frankly.
坦白说,我们怕他
Honestly, I'm not exactly scared of you.
但是实话说,我并不怕你
I don't think you need respect if you go on like this.
如果你们再这样下去,我觉得你们不需要尊重了
Class begins. Stand up.
上课,起立
Stand up. Oy, shush!
站起来,闭嘴
Keeping control is even more difficult when the subject you're teaching is English grammar.
当你在教英语语法的时候,管理纪律就变得更加艰难

BBC纪录片《中国老师来了》

Sit down, please.
请坐
But despite their problems managing the class,
尽管在管理班级方面困难重重
the Chinese teachers are doggedly sticking to their guns.
中国老师们还是固执地坚持他们的原则
The formation of the passive voice of the verb is?
动词过去式的形式是什么
Verb of be and PP.
be动词和PP
Who can tell me what PP means?
谁能告诉我PP什么意思
What do you mean by PP? It's a PP!
你说什么PP?是一个屁屁吧
You said "Pee-pee"!
你说的是"尿尿"
Grammar is very important in learning a language.
学一门语言,语法是很重要的
It is especially important to the foreigners,
对外国人来说尤其重要
but it is still important to the native speakers.
但对母语者来说,也很重要
What is present continuous?
什么是现在进行时
What you're doing now, at the moment.
你现在在干什么,就现在
For example, Miss Li is talking about grammar.
比如说,李老师在讲语法
We are listening to her.
我们在听她讲
So far, they don't have a lot of knowledge on grammar, which made me surprised.
目前来说,他们没学太多语法知识,这让我非常吃惊
In China, we learn more grammar than British people
在中国,我们学的语法比英国人还多
and our students do better in the international tests in grammar.
而我们的学生在国际语法测试中也做得更好
So, at the moment, we are all absolutely fantastic at analysing language.
所以现在,我们都能游刃有余地分析语言了
You're very good at starting to evaluate it.
你们在分析上开了个好头
But what I'm not getting is a clear point of view within your answers.
但我在你们的答案里找不到任何鲜明的观点
I'm not really getting a voice or an opinion behind your answers.
我在你们的答案里找不到你的个人观点
In Britain, drilling the rules of grammar was phased out of most secondary schools in the 1960s,
在英国,探究语法规则早在上世纪90年代就被大多数中学淘汰了
to make way for a more creative approach.
来给更多有创造力的教学方法让路
I want you now to come up with a list of what you think writing to argue does involve.
我现在需要你们想出一串跟does有关的动作
Jot that down in your books and in three minutes, we will take some feedback.
三分钟之内,写在你们的书上,我们会收上来大家写的结果
'I give the students more responsibility for their own learning,'
我会让学生在自主学习中对自己更负责任
so I like to have a little bit of my own input at the start of the lesson,
我喜欢在课堂开始时给出自己的一点观点
but then I like to set tasks up and let the students go with it.
但接下来我就会给任务,让学生自己去完成
'So, there's quite a lot of enquiry-based learning in my lessons.
所以在我的课堂上就有很多探究式的学习
'It's giving the students the tools to learn with,
我给学生学习的工具
'but then making them do a bit of learning on their own, before I sort of give them the answers.'
然后在我给他们答案之前,让他们靠自己来学习
So yeah, I think a bit more active.
所以,是的,我觉得这样会更活跃

分享到
重点单词
  • involvevt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • passiveadj. 被动的,消极的 n. 被动性
  • continuousadj. 连续的,继续的,连绵不断的
  • creativeadj. 创造性的
  • disciplinen. 训练,纪律,惩罚,学科 vt. 训练,惩罚
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • evaluatevt. 评估,评价
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟