TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:用玩具创造世界(3)
日期:2015-12-30 11:50

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Now once we mate, we click on the egg.
我们一旦交配之后,就可以点这个蛋。
And this is where the game starts getting interesting,
这样游戏就变得很有趣了,
because one of the things we really focused on here was giving the players very high-leverage tools,
因为我们的重点工作致意就是让玩家利用事半功倍的工具,
so that for a very small amount of effort the player can make something very cool.
简单而巧妙地做出很酷的事情。
And it involves a lot of intelligence on the tool side.
工具栏中包含了很多的智慧。
But basically, this is the editor
基本上,这就是编辑工具,
where we're going to design the next generation of our creature.
我们可以用它设计我们的生物的下一代。
So it has a little spine.
它有一个小脊柱,
I can move around here. I can extend.
它可以移动,可以延伸。
I can also inflate or deflate it with the mouse wheel, so you sculpt it like clay.
我也可以用这个鼠标操纵的转盘来使它膨胀或者紧缩,这样你就可以塑造它的形状,
We have parts here that I can put on or pull off.
就像捏橡皮泥一样。这儿我们有零件,你可以添加或者拆减。
The idea is that the player can basically design
我们的理念是,玩家可以用这个编辑工具设计
anything they can think of in this editor, and we'll basically bring it to life.
任何他们想设计的东西,然后让它有了生命。
So, for instance, I might put some limbs on the character here.
比如,我可以在这个家伙身上装一些肢体。
I'll inflate them kind of large.
我要把它们胀大。
And in this case I might decide I'm going to put --
这儿我打算——
I'll put mouths on the limbs.
我打算在它的肢体上加几个嘴巴。
So pretty much players are encouraged to be very creative in the game.
所以这个游戏鼓励玩家尽可能地发挥他们的创意。
Here, I'll give it one eye in the middle, maybe scale it up a bit. Point it down.
这里,我要在中间安一只眼睛,放大,视线向下一点。
And I'll also give it a few legs.
我还要给它装几条腿。
So in some sense we want this to feel like an amplifier for the player's imagination,
所以我们想要这个游戏,能够放飞玩家的想象,
so that with a very small number of clicks a player can create something
这样玩家只要轻点鼠标,就能创造
that they didn't really think was possible before.
他们以前想也不敢想的东西。
You know, this is almost like designing something like Maya that an eight-year-old can use.
你瞧,这就像是一款八岁的小孩都能使用的玛雅设计软件。
But really the goal here was, within about a minute,
我们真实的意图是,让玩家可以在一分钟之内,
I wanted somebody to replicate what typically takes a pictorial artist several weeks to create.
制作出一个平面设计师一般需要几周来创作的东西。
OK, now I'll put some hands on it.
好,现在我要为它加上几只手。
OK, so here I've basically thrown together a little creature.
嗯,这样我就拼装好了一个小生物。
Let me give it a little weapon on the tail here, so it can fight.
我接着在它的尾巴上添一个小武器,这样它就能战斗了。
OK, so that's the complete model. Now we can actually go to the painting phase.
好啦,大功告成。然后我们就可以为它涂色了。
Now, at this phase, the program actually has some understanding of the topology of this creature.
在这个阶段,程序实际上对这个生物的拓扑有自己的理解。
It kind of knows where the backbone is,
它知道哪里是后背,
where the spine, the limbs are.
哪里是脊柱,哪里是肢体。
It kind of knows how stripes should run, how it should be shaded.
它知道条纹应该如何分布,如何造型,
And so we're procedurally generating the texture map,
于是我们就顺理成章地得到了这个纹理图。
and this is something a texture artist would take many, many days to work on.
这样的作品交给一个纹理艺术家来做可能需要很多天。

视频及简介

演讲简介

威尔·莱特快速、通俗易懂地展示了他的最新游戏——《孢子》。这款游戏必将与他以往的大手笔还要让玩家感到震撼。


分享到
重点单词
  • pictorialadj. 绘画的 n. 画报
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • maten. 伙伴,配偶,同事 vt. 使 ... 配对,使 .
  • sculptvt. 雕刻 n. 雕刻,雕塑,雕刻品,雕塑品
  • clayn. 粘土,泥土 n. (人的)肉体
  • replicatev. 折叠,复制,模写 n. 同样的样品 adj. 转折
  • inflatev. 使膨胀,使得意,使通货膨胀 [计算机] 使膨胀
  • spinen. 脊柱,脊椎,书脊,尖刺
  • intelligencen. 理解力,智力 n. 情报,情报工作,情报机关
  • amplifiern. 放大器,扩音机