(单词翻译:单击)
Because I had two influential fathers, I learned from both of them.
由于我有两个对我有影响力且可以向其学习的爸爸,
I had to think about each dad's advice, and in doing so,
迫使我不得不去思考每个爸爸的意见,
I gained valuable insight into the power and effect of one's thoughts on one's life.
由此,我认识到一个人的观念对其一生巨大的影响力。
For example, one dad had a habit of saying, I can't afford it.
例如,一位爸爸爱说"我可付不起"这样的话,
The other dad forbade those words to be used.
另一位爸爸则禁止用这类话,
He insisted I say, How can I afford it?
他会说"我怎样才能付得起呢?"
One is a statement, and the other is a question.
一个是陈述句,另一个是疑问句,
One lets you off the hook, and the other forces you to think.
一个促使你放弃,另一个则促使你去想办法。
My soon-to-be-rich dad would explain that
那很快就致富的爸爸解释道,
by automatically saying the words I can't afford it, your brain stops working.
说"我付不起"这种话会阻止你去开动脑筋想办法;
By asking the question How can I afford it? your brain is put to work.
而问"怎样才能付得起"则开动了你的大脑。
He did not mean buy everything you wanted.
当然,这不意味着人们必须去买每一件你想要的东西,
He was fanatical about exercising your mind, the most powerful computer in the world.
这里只是强调要不断锻炼你的思维--实际上人的大脑是人类最棒的"计算机"。
My brain gets stronger every day because I exercise it.
富爸爸时常说:"脑袋越用越活,脑袋越活,挣钱就越多。
The stronger it gets, the more money I can make.
脑袋越活,挣钱就越多。
He believed that automatically saying I can't afford it was a sign of mental laziness.
在他看来,轻易就说"我负担不起"这类话是一种精神上的懒惰。