(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
This one. That's right.
这个 答对了
When I ask him to point to pictures of particular scenes,
当我要求他指出特定情景的图片时
he could pick out which scene matched the sentence
他能够挑选出附合描述的图片
and that's quite a difficult thing to do if you can't speak
对于没法说话的人 这件事相当困难
because you can't hear the words go round in your head.
因为你听不到自己大脑中的句子
you can't repeat it to yourself.
更没法对自己复述它们
So he did very well on that task.
而他完成得很好
The butcher shoots the nurse.
屠夫枪击护士
It's a bit violent. Yes.
这有点血腥 是的
This one's a nicer one.
这个好一点了
One crucial area of Steve's brain is still functioning.
史蒂夫大脑中的一个关键区域仍在工作
The anterior superior temporal sulcus is involved
前颞上沟控制人们
in understanding the meaning of words,
语言理解的能力
an ability that Steve has not lost.
史蒂夫并未丧失这一能力
But when we asked him to describe the picture,
但当我们让他看图说话时
Then he had a lot more difficulty there.
他就遇到困难了
Can you describe to me what you can see there?
可以把你在这幅图中看到的描述出来吗
重点解释
When I ask him to point to pictures of particular scenes, he could pick out which scene matched the sentence当我要求他指出特定情景的图片时,他能够挑选出附合描述的图片
ask to邀请(某人)参加(某活动)
We must ask you to amplify your statement.
我们得请你对你的说法作进一步的说明。
Immigration officials will ask to see your papers.
移民局的官员将要求你出示证件。
pick out挑出;辨认出
My father helped me pick out a new book.
我父亲帮我选了一本新书。
Let me pick out some good ones for you.
让我来替你挑几个好的。
So he did very well on that task.而他完成得很好
do well 做得好; 进展情况良好
You would do well to discuss the matter with him.
你还是与他商量一下这件事为好。
You have to be highly competitive to do well in sport nowadays.
如今必须有高度的竞争意识才能在体育运动中取胜。