BBC地平线系列之《长生不老》第44期:揭秘抗衰老的成因
日期:2013-04-22 18:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

So psychology is telling us
心理学告诉我们
that how we age is a lot more open than we thought.
年龄比想象中坦诚
As for the future of other scientific interventions,
有未来的其他科学的介入
how soon should we realistically expect help from them?
得到他们切实的帮助还要多久呢
The fountain of youth, anti-ageing medicine...
青春之泉 抗衰老药
this has been around for
这些是100%的
as long as humanity with 100% failure rate.
永恒失败的产品
So you might ask why this is new?
你可能问为什么这是新产品呢
This is real science. This is cutting-edge.
这是真正的尖端科学
Now it's a matter of turning that into medicine.
现在是把它制成药物的时候了
I don't know if we'll be the ones
我不知道是我们
or someone else behind us will do that,
还是我们的后人会实现
but it's going to happen. It's not if but when now.
但这个药物会出现 只是时间问题而已
We would like to develop drugs
我们会发明出药物
that maybe will take once a day, beginning when we're 40 or 50,
也许一天一片 从40岁或50岁时开始吃
and it will prevent those age-related diseases.
它可以防止老年疾病
We have learnt a tremendous amount about some of these mechanisms.
我们已经做了大量关于身体机能的研究
So that obviously now provides targets to develop drugs.
所以现在已经有了发明药物的目标
So in that sense, we're a lot closer.
在这种程度上 我们已经很接近了
But still, I think it's going to be a long way.
但我仍认为还有很长的路要走
I think ageing is going to be
我认为衰老将是
probably one of the most complex things we've studied,
我们研究过的最为复杂的一个问题
because it affects all tissues
因为它影响了所有的组织
and it affects all tissues a little bit differently.
并且对每个组织的影响都略有不同
But, in my mind, the excitement
但是我一想到
in the next century is we're going to be
下个世纪我们将会在人类历史里首次
understanding ageing for the first time in human history.
揭秘衰老的原因 这让人激动

重点解释

As for the future of other scientific interventions,有未来的其他科学的介入

as for:至于; 关于

As for my past, I'm not telling you anything.

关於我的过去,我什么都不会告诉你。

this has been around for as long as humanity with 100% failure rate.这些是100%的永恒失败的产品

as long as:只要

Surely I will, as long as it's of good quality.

只要质量好,我当然愿意。

I don't mind as long as it doesn't rain.

只要不下雨就行了。

Now it's a matter of turning that into medicine.现在是把它制成药物的时候了

a matter of:关于 ... 的问题

It is a matter of life and death for them.

这事对他们来说是生死攸关。

分享到
重点单词
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • fountainn. 喷泉,源泉,储水容器,泉水 v. 使像喷泉一样流
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • humanityn. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科