BBC地平线系列之《长生不老》第6期:对食物的偏好
日期:2013-03-13 19:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Somehow food habits
对食物的偏好
seem to be particularly difficult to break.
似乎极难改变
One of the things that was
我最喜欢的食物
a sort of favourite of mine was ice-cream.
是冰激凌
It took me a long time to stop it all together.
一下子戒掉他们花了我很长时间
Chocolate, I don't eat now.
巧克力 我现在不吃了
Having decided to do it sixteen years ago,
在16年前保罗和梅雷迪斯就决定做这件事了
Paul and Meredith have gone for it 100%.
所以这次他们全身心地投入了其中
You usually don't lapse.
你通常不会停止
I really can't think of doing it.
我真的没想到会做到
As for when they eat,
说到他们进餐的时间
Paul and Meredith now organise their day around their meals.
保罗和梅雷迪斯现在安排好了一天的食量
The first meal of the day is the
第一顿是最多的
largest and the second, lunch, is a bit smaller.
第二顿 中餐 少一点
And then for dinner we take a walk.
晚餐我们会出去走一走
A dazzling young scientist with a keen interest in anti-ageing
一位热衷于抗衰老的著名年轻科学家
has been watching this experiment with interest,
饶有兴趣地观察着这个实验
impressed with the results, but not necessarily with the method.
他只对实验结果印象深刻 而并非实验方法

重点解释

I really can't think of doing it.我真的没想到会做到

think of:想到;考虑

What do you think of modern art?

你对现代艺术有何看法?

I couldn't think of the name of that man anyhow.

我怎么也想不出那人的名字来了。

think of,think about,think over这三个词组都与“想”有关,但所表达的含义有所不同。

think of多用来指“想起,认为”。

think about多用来指“考虑某事情或对某事进行思考”。

think over意思是“仔细考虑,认真思考”。

It took me a long time to stop it all together.一下子戒掉他们花了我很长时间

it take sb sometime to do sth:某人花费一些时间做某事

How long will it take me to get there?

到那儿要花多长时间?

It took me quite a while to fill out the questionnaire.

填写那份问卷花了我好长一段时间。

分享到
重点单词
  • questionnairen. 调查表
  • dazzlingadj. 令人眼花缭乱的,耀眼的 动词dazzle的现在
  • lapsen. 过失,流逝,失效,抛弃信仰,间隔 vi. 堕落,停
  • keenadj. 锋利的,敏锐的,强烈的,精明的,热衷的
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的