洪恩环境英语第三册课文 Lesson 7:But think I'm quali
日期:2009-12-03 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 7 But think I'm qualified for the job.
但是我认为我能胜任这份工作
I told John it was over.
我告诉约翰我们的关系结束了。
You did?Ohh,my legs are killing me.
真的吗?噢,我的腿疼死了。
Is Edna really qualified to teach?
埃德娜真的能胜任健美教练的工作吗?
She studied with Jane Fonda.
她和简.方达曾经是同学。
Really?When was that?
真的吗?那是在什么时候?
From 1978 to 1980.
从1978年到1980年。
I don't believe it.
我不相信。
You're always asking questions.Did you ever think about becoming a newscaster?
你总在问问题。你想过当一名新闻播间员吗?
John said the same thing.But I don't have enough experience.
约翰也这样问过我。但是我经验不足呀。
Did you go to journalism school?
你上过新闻学院吗?
Yes.I studied journalism at Columbia University.
是的,我在哥伦比亚大学学的是新闻学。
Ladies!We exercise our bodies here,not our mouths.
女士们!我们是在锻炼身体而不是在练嘴皮子
I don't believe she studied with Jane Fonda.
我真不相信她会和简.方达做过同学。
One,two,One,two.
一,二,一,二。
Ohh,my legs.I can't stand it.
噢,我的腿。我实在受不了啦。
Steven,I want to talk to you. Yes?
史蒂文,我想和你谈谈。什么事?
Do you know John is leaving? Yes.
你知道约翰要起了吗?知道。
Well,I want John's job.
呃,我想接手约翰的工作。
Carol,I want to help you,but John has a lot of experience.
卡罗,我很想帮你,但约翰经验丰富。
I know,but so do I.Not the way John does,of course.
我知道,可是我也有很多经验。当然了,不像约翰那样。
But I think I'm qualified for the job.
但我想我能任这项工作。
Where did you work in the past?
以前你在哪儿工作?
I worked at a radio station.I was a writer.
我在一家电台工作过,我是撰稿人。
How long did you worki there?
你在那儿工作了多长时间?
I worked there for two years,from 1986 to 1988.
我在那儿工作了两年,从1986年到1988年。
Were you on television?
你上过电视吗?
Only in college.
只在大学时上过。
Where did you go to school?
你在哪儿上的大学?
I went to the University of Michigan.
我上的是密歇根大学。
What did you study there?
你在那儿学什么?
I was a communications major.I went to journalism school after I graduated.
我学的传播学专业,大学毕业后我又上了新闻学院。
You went to journalism school?
你上过新闻学院?
Yes.At Columbia University in New York City.Here's my resume.
是的。在纽约市的哥伦比亚大学。这是我的简历。
I want to help you,Carol,but I'm not sure that I can.
我很想帮你,卡罗,但我不能保证我能帮上忙。
Look,I'm a good writer.You know that.Just give me a chance.
瞧,你知道,我是个不错的撰稿人。给我一个机会吧。
How can I do that?
我怎么给你机会?
I'd like to make an audition tape.
我想先做个样带。
And then if you think it's good,show it to Linda.
如果你觉得不错,就把它拿给琳达看。
I'd like to think about it.
我考虑一下吧。
No.I want to know now.Please help me,Steven.Give me this chance.
不。我现在就想知道结果。请帮帮我,史蒂文。给我个机会。
OK.If Mike agrees to shoot it.
好吧,如果迈克同意给你拍样带的话。
I spoke to him.He said he'd do it.
我跟他说过了,他说他很乐意。
OK.Carol.The studio is free tomorrow night.That'os a good time to do it.
好的,卡罗。摄影棚明天晚上闲着。这个时间你可以拍样带。
Thanks.
谢谢!

分享到
重点单词
  • auditionn. 听,听力,试听
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • resumev. 再继续,重新开始 n. 简历,履历; 摘要