(单词翻译:单击)
Lesson 4 You weren't here yesterday.
昨天你不在这儿
You werent here yesterday.
昨天你不在这儿。
No,I wasn't.I was at my grand-mother's house.She lives in New York.
是的,我没来。我在奶奶家。她住在纽约。
No kidding?She lives in New York?
真的吗?她住在纽约?
Yes.Yesterday was her birthday.She's eighty-one.
是的,昨天是她的生日。她八十一岁了。
Really?She's eighty-one?...Was John with you?
真的吗?她八十一岁了?。。。约翰和你在一起吗?
No.John was in Denver.
不,他在丹佛。
Was he at KDEN?
他在KDEN 电视台吗?
Yes,he was,but don't tell anyone.
是的,但是不要告诉任何人。
He doesn't want anyone to know.
他不想让别人知道。
Pay attention,ladies,One,two.One,two.One,two.One,two.
请注意,女士们,一,二,一,二,。。。。
Were you here last night?
你昨晚在这儿吗?
Yes,I was.
是的,在这儿。
Was Linda here?
琳达在吗?
No.She was at work.She and Steven were at the studio.
没有,她在工作。她和史蒂文在演播室。
And where was Jake?
杰克在哪儿?
Was he at the studio too?
他也在演播室吗?
On Friday night?You've got to be kidding.He was with Chris.
周五晚上?你真会开玩笑。他和克丽丝在一起
How was John's trip?
约翰的这趟旅行怎么样?
I don't know.
我不知道。
Sit-ups.Ladies.Get on your backs.
仰卧起坐,女士们。躺下去。
Susan,were you ever a writer?
苏珊,你曾经当过作家吗?
Yes.It was my first job.
是的,那是我的第一份工作。
After a while,were you ready to make a change?
做了一段时间后,你打算换了吗?
I guess I was...Why?Are you?
是呀。你为什么问这个?你准备换工作吗?
I'm not sure.Hey,this exercise makes me thirsty.
我不能确定。嗨,这次锻炼让我觉得有点渴
Do you want to go for a diet soft drink with me?
你想和我一起去喝杯减肥饮料吗?
Five more sit-ups.Then I want some ice cream.
再做五个仰卧起坐。然后,我想吃点冰淇淋。
Some ice cream?That's fifty more situps.
想吃冰淇淋吗?那得再做五十个仰卧起坐。
One,two.One,two.One,two.One,two.
一,二,。。。
John,you're back!
约翰,你回来了!
I was at home last night.I called,but you weren't at home.Where were you?
昨晚我就到家了。我打电话给你,你不在。你去哪儿了?
Maybe I was at my exercise class.You look kawful.
可能我在上健身课,你看起来糟透了。
I was up all night.
昨晚我一宿没睡。
Why?
为什么?
I wasn't sure it I should take the job.
我不能确定是否应该接受这份工作。
So was the weather nice in Denver?
那么丹佛的天气好吗?
No.It was cold and cloudy.
不好,有些阴冷。
Were the people at KDEN friendly?
KDEN电视台的人友好吗?
Yes.They were very friendly.
是的,他们很友好。
Was the hotel near the studio?
旅馆在演播室附近吗?
Yes,it was.Do you want to hear about the job?
是的,你想想听听有关这份工作的事儿吗?
Oh,John.Don't tell me now.I don't want to talk about it.
哦,约翰,现在别告诉我,我不想讨论此事。
I want the job,but I don't want to leave you.
我想得到这份工作,但是我不想离开你。
You have to do what's right for you.
你得做你认为是对的事情。
Susan,we cna continue our relationship.
苏珊,我们可以继续我们的关系.
Oh,come on.I wasn't born yesterday.It won't work.
哦,得了吧.我不是小孩.这不可能.
I want it to work.
我想让它成为可能.
Long-distance relationships never work.
如果两地分离,感情从来无法长久.