原：After class was over (=class being over/ class over), the students soon left the classroom.
改：Class being over/ class over, the students soon left the classroom.
基本形式1: 名词／代词 ＋ 现在分词
The problem being solved, we went home.
The problem solved, we went home.
So much homework to do, I can’t watch TV.
Books in his hand, our teacher came in.
Peter fell asleep, lights on
基本形式6: It/There being + 名词／代词
There being nothing to do, we went home.
It being a holiday, all the shops were shut.
1. Agriculture is the country’s chief source of wealth, wheat ______ by far the biggest cereal crop.A. is B. been C. be D. being
2.There___ nothing more for discussion, the meeting came to an end half an hour earlier.
A. to be B. to have been C. Being D. be
3. _______no cause for alarm, the old man went back to his bedroom.
A. there was B. since C. being D. there being
4. _______, he can now only watch it on TV at home.
A. obtaining not a ticket for the match
B. Not obtaining a ticket for the match
C. not having obtained a ticket for the match
D. not obtained a ticket fot the match
1. But brain researchers have discovered that when we consciously develop new habits, we create parallel synaptic paths, and even entirely new brain cells, that can jump our trains of thought onto new, innovative tracks.
2. Today, surrounded by promises of easy happiness, we need art to tell us, as religion once did, Memento mori: remember that you will die, that everything ends, and that happiness comes not in denying this but in living with it.