看电影《姐姐的守护者》学英语第23期:一个固执的妈妈
日期:2014-01-18 11:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

SARA: 'Not too long'?
不会太久?
Not too long what?
什么不会太久了?
Will it hurt? CHANCE: No.
疼吗? - 不
l'll make sure of that.
我会确保这点的
Listen. l don't wanna hear talk like that. okay. honey?
听着,我不想你再谈这个了,好么,宝贝?
You just stay strong enough for surgery. okay?
你只要好好养到可以手术,好吗?
Okay. Mom.
好的,妈妈
CHANCE: Sara. Iet's take a walk. Sara,
出去谈谈
Let me introduce you to someone.
我来给你介绍个人
This is Miss Swearingen. our home health aide.
这是Swearingen小姐,我们的家庭健康助手
Hi. how are you? - Good. how are you?
嗨,你好吗? - 很好,你呢?
l'm good. thank you.
很好,谢谢你
Have you spoken to the Make-A-Wish people?
你愿不愿意和许愿计划的人谈谈?
What is this?
那是什么?
What is this. the 'quality of life' speech?
这是什么,生活质量演讲?
Mrs. Fitzgerald. you might want to consider taking Kate home.
Fitzgerald夫人,你或许会考虑把Kate带回家
No. - Making her comfortable...
不 - 让她过得舒服
What? You think we should take Kate home to die?
什么意思,你想我们把Kate丢在家里等死?
managing her pain. - No hospices.
处理她的痛苦 - 不要提安养院
What do you want me to say. Sara? It's an option.
那你想让我说什么,Sara? 这是一种选择
Look. l know you don't listen to anybody. but it's our job to tell you.
听着,我知道你不会听进任何人 但是我的职责让我告诉你
Death is a normal process of life. You need to acknowledge that.
死亡是生命的正常过程 你必须认识到
No. l don't. Who is this broad? - Have you spoken to Kate?
不,我不这么认为,这个女人是谁? - 你和Kate谈过吗?
You know what she wants? - l don't care what anybody wants.
你知道她要什么吗? - 我才不管谁要什么
We're doing the operation. - What operation. Sara?
我们在做手术 - 什么手术,Sara?
You have an unwilling donor.
捐赠人又不愿意
The hospital won't even allow it anymore without a court order.
没有法院命令的话医院不会再继续了
Your daughter is dying. and you might want to spend...
你女儿正在死亡,也许你会愿意
You think we don't know what's going on here?
你以为我们不知道发生了什么?
some quality time with her. - Lookit. sister--...
花一些好时光陪她 - 听着,姐们


妙语佳句

1.enough for
足够地,充分的;对……足够的
So what is good enough for you?
所以什么对你来说是足够好呢?

2.process of
…的过程
There is only one process of healing and that is faith.
只有一种治愈疾病的方法,那就是信仰。

剧情百科

凯特已经知道自己命不久矣,她显得非常淡然,但妈妈莎拉却非常的固执要用一切手段让凯特活下来……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.We ______ ______ a single internet where all of humanity has equal access to knowledge and ideas.
我们支持一个允许全人类平等享有知识和思想的互联网。

2.Her talents ______ ______ in comparison with the others.
和其他那些人比起来,她的才能很突出。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.He had often dreamed of retiring in England and had planned to settle down in the country.
他经常渴望到英国退休并计划在这个国家定居下来。

2.It is not difficult to imagine a world short of ambition.
一个缺乏抱负的世界将会怎样,这不难想象。

分享到
重点单词
  • retiringadj. 腼腆的,隐居的,不喜社交的 动词retire的
  • optionn. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权 v. 给予选择
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • humanityn. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • acknowledgevt. 承认,公认,告知收到,表示感谢,注意到
  • unwillingadj. 不愿意的
  • donorn. 捐赠人 [计算机] 施主
  • comparisonn. 比较
  • healingn. 康复,复原 adj. 有治疗功用的