看电影《姐姐的守护者》学英语第5期:安娜不愿意
日期:2013-11-27 20:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

My sister has leukemia. They're trying to force me to give her my body parts.
我姐姐得了白血病 他们试图迫使我捐献身体器官
You're supposed to give her a kidney?
你指的是给她一个肾?
She's been in renal failure for months now.
她肾衰竭好几个月了
No one can force you to donate if you don't want to. can they?
你不愿意的话没人可以迫使你捐赠,不是吗?
l'm under 18. they're my legal guardians. - They can't do that.
我不满18岁,他们是我的法定监护人 - 他们不能这么做
They think they can.
他们认为他们可以
That's what l want you to tell them...
这就是我试图告诉他们的
l wouldn't even be alive if Kate wasn't sick.
如果Kate不生病的话我不会出生
they've been doing it to me my whole life.
他们就是这么对待我的整个人生的
l'm a designer baby.
我是试管婴儿
l was made in a dish to be spare parts for Kate.
我在皿中被做出来就是为了与Kate分享身体
You're kidding. right?
你在开玩笑,是不是?
CAMPBELL: The kid wasn't lying.
这个孩子没有撒谎
The doctors started taking things from her the moment she was born.
医生自从她出生之后就开始提取所需
Cord blood as an infant. white-cell transfusions...
婴儿时的脐血,白血球输液
bone marrow, lymphocytes...
注射骨髓,淋巴细胞
iniections to add more stem cells. and then they tooh them too.
来增加干细胞,他们随即也会取走这些
But it was never enough.
但是这永远不够
You do know what will happen if you don't give your sister your kidney. don't you?
你知道如果你不给你姐姐你的肾会发生什么,对吗?
Yeah. she'll die.
知道,她会死
So there's a little over t700 here.
这儿有七百多块钱
And l know that's not enough. but it's all l have and l need your help.
我知道这不够,但这是我的全部家当 我需要你的帮忙
Please.
求你了
You sure you want to go through with this?
你确定你要这样达到目的吗?
Good for you.
好样的


妙语佳句

1.force sb to do
强迫某人做;强迫某人做某事;强迫某人干
Don't force me to do such a thing.
不要强迫我去干这种事。

2.spare for
自愿把…给
We require only one spare for three distinct applications.
我们只需为 3 个不同的应用程序提供一个空闲节点。

剧情百科

安娜起诉她的父母是事出有因的,因为安娜的父母极大地侵犯了她的个人权益,但是,这真的是正确的做法吗?……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.She said admissions officers ______ ______ ______ check English ability through e-mail exchanges.
她说,招生官员花费了大量的经历通过电子邮件检查英语能力。

2.Although businesses fail for ______ ______ ______ reasons, the underlying issues are surprisingly common.
虽然公司的失败会有众多原因,不过其根本问题却惊人的相似。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I shall call at his home tomorrow.
我明天要到他家里拜访。

2.They came formatted or blank so not such a big deal.
它们被格式化了或者是空白的这并不重要。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • donatevt. 捐赠,转移(电子) vi. 捐款
  • kidneyn. 肾,腰子,类型
  • underlyingadj. 在下面的,基本的,隐含的
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • distinctadj. 独特的,不同的,明显的,清楚的
  • stemn. 茎,干,柄,船首 vi. 起源于 vt. 抽去 .
  • designern. 设计者