看电影《足球尤物》学英语第4期:薇欧拉糟糕的一天
日期:2013-11-13 10:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I have a surprise for you!
我要给你个惊喜!
And this is why I don’t bring friends over.
所以我才不带朋友过来
Mom, not now. I had a really bad day, so...
妈,现在不行 我今天很不顺,所以…
This is just the thing to just perk you up.
那这正是让你打起精神的时机
Hold on. - OK.
等等 - 好
Keep your eyes closed.
把眼睛闭上
Eyes closed, closed, closed, closed. - They’re closed.
闭上眼,闭紧了,闭紧了 - 闭紧了
All right. Surprise!
好了,惊喜来了!
Beautiful gowns for my darling debutante.
我宝贝初次亮相的华美礼服
Mom, have I not told you a thousand times?
妈妈,我都说了上千遍了!
I have no interest in being a debutante. It’s totally archaic.
我对社交亮相没兴趣 太老土了
How could I wind up with a daughter
我怎么会生出你这个女儿
who only wants to kick a muddy ball around a field all day?
成天就在野地里踢泥巴球
Well, the world has been set right, Mom. They cut my team.
但世界回归正轨了,妈妈 他们解散了我们队
What? No soccer? - Yeah, that’s right. No soccer.
什么?不踢球了? - 是啊,没错。不踢了
How sad. - Yeah, I can see you’re all torn up.
真可惜 - 是啊,我知道你悲痛欲绝
Well, Justirs gonna love you in this.
但,贾斯丁会喜欢你穿这个的
Yet another reason not to wear it. I dumped him.
这理由也不成立了 我把他甩了
What? Why? I don’t wanna talk about it.
什么?为什么? - 我不想说
He’s so handsome and rugged
他那么帅,又强壮
and chiseled and great.
轮廓明显又会踢球
Then why don’t you date him, Mom?
那你怎么不约他,老妈?
No, I couldn’t.
不,我不行


妙语佳句

1.perk up
昂首翘尾;活跃起来;振作精神
A cup of coffee will soon perk you up.
你喝一杯咖啡马上精神会振作起来。

2.tear up
撕毁;撕碎;拉掉
Eyes tear up and throats get sore from coughing.
眼睛因刺激而泪流不止,不停咳嗽也使得人嗓子疼痛。

剧情百科

足球队被解散了,薇欧拉也被贾斯丁在众人面前羞辱了一番,但是今天薇欧拉迎来了她的成人礼……还有他的奇葩妈妈……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.So grow, and grow, and grow until you ______ ______ a barrier.
因此,成长吧,成长吧,成长吧,直到你突破一个瓶颈。

2.However, you can make your systems and data impervious enough that hackers won't even bother trying to ______ ______.
不过,您可以密封您的系统和数据,不让黑客干扰和非法闯入。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.At the risk of appearing irreparably nostalgic, let me answer with a qualified yes.
冒着显得怀旧得不可救药的危险,让我用一个限定的“是”来回答这个问题。

2.They tried to bring pressure to bear upon me.
他们试图对我施加压力。

分享到
重点单词
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • imperviousadj. 不能渗透的,不为所动的
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • archaicadj. 已不通用的,古老的,古代的
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • barriern. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物
  • nostalgicadj. 怀旧的,乡愁的