2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第32期:敲竹杠 Daylight Robbery
日期:2016-06-30 16:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Introduction
引言

Welcome to twominenglish.com. Teaching you English through two-minute lessons. Let's learn about the idiom 'daylight robbery' in this lesson and how to use it in your conversations.
欢迎来到两分钟英语网站,通过两分钟课程教你学会英语。这节课我们学习俗语“敲竹杠”以及在对话中如何使用。

Explanation

解释

Duke: Suppose you visit a restaurant to have a cup of coffee which you usually get for $2 every single day, but suddenly they've raised the price to $5! That's a daylight robbery!
Duke:假设你进一家餐厅,点了每天通常只要2美元的一杯咖啡,但突然他们涨价到了5美元,这就是敲竹杠!
Bob: That's surely daylight robbery. The idiom 'daylight robbery' means that somebody is charging you very high prices for something or for some service.
Bob:那简直就是明抢了,这俗语“敲竹杠”意思是:有人会为了一些事或者服务找你要很高的价钱。
Duke: Yes. Daylight robbery means unfair overcharging. It's an idiom which is used when you are upset or angry.
Duke:是的,敲竹杠就是不公平过分要价。这俗语通常是在你非常恼火和生气的情况下使用。
Bob: That's right, Duke! We can't use it casually or in polite conversations. It's an expression of indignation. Someone who uses this, is probably not going to buy the item which caused this emotion.
Bob:很正确,杜克。我们在平常对话还有文明用语中不会使用。这表示的是一种愤慨。使用这句话的人可能不会购买引发这种情绪的商品。
Duke: I agree Bob. Sometimes I go to the market and when they try to overcharge me, I tell them it's a daylight robbery and I never buy that thing.
Duke:我同意,鲍勃。有时候我去市场,他们收我很高的价钱,我会对他们说这是明抢,我从来不会买那样的东西。
Bob: Good! We mustn't allow people to overcharge us. Let's listen to some conversations now.
Bob:很好,我们决不允许他人对我们过分要价。现在让我们听几段对话。

Online Shops
网店

Lily: When did you buy that T-shirt Paul?
Lily:保罗,你什么时候买的那件T恤衫?
Paul: Don't ask. I got it from a new online store.
Paul:别问了,我在一家新开的网店买的
Lily: For how much?
Lily:花了多少钱?
Paul: I paid $20 online for this, but they charged me an extra $30 for delivery!
Paul:我花了20美元买的,但他们要了我额外30美元的运费。
Lily: Wow! That's too much. They robbed you in pure daylight.
Lily:哇,那也太多了,他们纯粹是明抢嘛。
Paul: Yeah, it's a complete daylight robbery! It's not even branded.
Paul:是啊,完全就是明抢,这甚至还没有商标。
Minda's Motel.
敏达旅馆
Lily: We had to stay a night in Minda's Motel. It's so expensive!
Lily:我们在敏达旅馆待了一晚,简直太贵了。
Paul: I stayed there once or twice. It wasn't so expensive back then.
Paul:我在那待过一两次,那时没有这么昂贵。
Lily: They charged us $120 for a very small suite!
Lily:他们一个非常小的标间要价120美元。
Paul: Oh! C'mon. That's daylight robbery. Last time I paid just $60 for the best suite they had!
Paul:哦,天哪,这就是明抢,上次他们最好的标间我只付了60美元。
Lily: $120 for that suite was just not worthy at all!
Lily:那标间一点都不值120美元。

It's Just a Ball!
就是一个球

Paul: Hey buddy, how much is that ball?
Paul:嘿,老板,那个球多收钱?
Duke: It's $150.
Duke:150美元。
Paul: Whoa...it's expensive! What's the best price you can give me?
Paul:哇,太贵了吧,你能给我最优惠的价格是多少?
Duke: I'm afraid there's no bargaining. The price is fixed.
Duke:这里不能讲价,价格是固定好的。
Paul: Man, just because you are the only sports shop in town, it doesn't mean you can do a daylight robbery!
Paul:老板,不能仅仅因为这是镇里唯一的体育用品商店,你就可以漫天开价啊!
Duke: Sorry, but that's a limited edition ball signed by Messi. I can show you another one at a good price from a different brand.
Duke:很抱歉,但那是限量版的梅西签名球,我可以给你展示其他不同的品牌,那价格不错。

分享到